Munich, Stuttgart, Nuremberg, Bamberg, etc

Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:47 pm

I am going for a conference in Stuttgart in a week. I will be flying into Munich and I will have some free time over the weekend before the conference. Should I stay in Munich? I have heard Oktoberfest is much too crazy for my taste but I am fascinated with the Munich beer scene. Bamberg sounds like a good alternative, too. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to kill a weekend in Bavaria or Franconia without losing my life savings but yet having a good brewery experience in the meantime? Any hotel or small town recommendations in the a area would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
JoeBeer100

Re: Munich, Stuttgart, Nuremberg, Bamberg, etc

Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:25 am

It seems that Bamberg is a very nice Brewery town with a lot of breweries. Also Weyermann malt is made there. I never been there but al lot of Dutch homebrewers like to visit Bamberg.

Google for "brauereien bamberg" and you can find a map with the breweries.

or type the city you want to visit in the next url
http://www.bierregion-franken.de/db_neu/
Henielma1

Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Thank you very much for the reply! That website is a great resource and I will certainly be using it while I'm there. I'm sure I'll be fine with wherever I go in Bavaria!
JoeBeer100

Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:38 am

Have a great trip to Germany.

I understood that in Bamberg they have a lot of Rauch bier (smoke beer).
Henielma1

Return to Travel