Beer in France?

Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:27 pm

Okay troops. I am heading to France with my daughter in a week or so. Any ideas on must find beers? Going to be in Avignon, Lyon, Ancey, and Paris.

Cheers (or whatever the French equivalent is),

John
GivEmAle

Re: Beer in France?

Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:12 am

So here is what I found:
Lyon look in the old town area for a little bottle shop called La Chope de Lug. He sells "bieres of the Rhone-Alpes region", recommend trying something from LA Brasserie Du Mont.

In Annecy, find "The Place to Beer". No kidding, that's the name. A dozen or so self serve taps with Belgian leaning beer. I had an awesome St Bernardus Prior 8.

In Paris, another little bottle shop, this one called "Biere et Malt". Again, yes, very cleverly, Beer and Malt. He had a bunch of interesting stuff, I got 3 different Brew dog beers, a Westfall Double, and another Brasserie Du Mont beer.

There are supposed to be a number of decent beer bars around Paris, but I was on foot so close was a requirement. Most of the little cafés served Heineken and various light lagers so ones hop cravings are hard to satisfy without some searching.

Cheers.
GivEmAle

Re: Beer in France?

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Is it down a shady alley?
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Return to Travel