Euro trip

Thu May 22, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi BN Army,

I will be traveling to Europe in July/ August and will be going to Edinburgh, Amsterdam, Belgium, Dusseldorf and a couple of undecided places. Can anyone out there please make some recommendations on the must see brewery's/ brewpubs to see while I'm over there.

Cheers, :jnj
Private First Class BN Militia 1st Sheep Wrangler Division
Up next: IIPA
Primary: empty
Secondary: empty
Kezzor: empty, Cider, empty, Wheat Beer, empty
hop loader

Re: Euro trip

Tue May 27, 2014 3:31 am

I am a big fan of Moder Lambic in Brussels.
Beer. Bikes. Cosmic B-fields.
adamK

Tue May 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Thanks AdamK, will do

updated locations:

Paris, London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Amsterdam, Brussels, Dusseldorf, Berlin, Milan and Mykonos

dont know if ill make it back :drink
hop loader

Tue May 27, 2014 7:43 pm

Hi, a couple of suggestions.

Edinbugh - Brewdog Edinburgh, The Hanging Bat ,

If you are going to be in Bruges, the De Halve Maan Brewery tour is excellent, and they serve unfiltered Bruges Zot which is fantastic. The food in their courtyard is really good authentic Belgian.

Hope you have a great trip! Not popping into England?
leedsbrew

Wed May 28, 2014 1:00 pm

adamK wrote:I am a big fan of Moder Lambic in Brussels.

+1

Bike Tour in Brussels is a blast. Moeder Lambic is a must-go. Cantillion is a must-go. I love Brussels.

Munich - Mike's Bikes - a blast for a bike tour if that is up your alley.
Timmy
BN Army Air Corps

Go Cubbies!
TimmyR

Wed May 28, 2014 2:10 pm

Thanks Leedsbrew, Brewbog is definitely on the list and ill check out the The Hanging Bat. Ill be in London for a few days, but unfortunately that's all ill be doing of England this time round.

Hi TimmyR can you please post the link to the bike tour in Brussels

Cheers, :drink
hop loader

Wed May 28, 2014 2:38 pm

Nice lineup of cities! I've been lucky enough to go to 3 of them. These were my favorites, and you can't go wrong with any of them. Of course, it's great to just explore and find your own favorites, too!

London: Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, Cittie of Yorke, Euston Tap (next to Euston Tube station, just down the street from the British Library, and they even had some American craft beer if you get homesick), The World's End in Camden Town, the list goes on...

Düsseldorf: Uerige (pronounced "Yuregga") for sure, then every other brewery in the Altstadt

Berlin: Bierkombinat, Prater Biergarten areas that are great are Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain, and Prinzlauer Berg

Wish I could go back to all those places!
JoeBeer100

Thu May 29, 2014 7:17 am

JoeBeer100 wrote:London: Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, Cittie of Yorke, Euston Tap (next to Euston Tube station, just down the street from the British Library, and they even had some American craft beer if you get homesick), The World's End in Camden Town, the list goes on...

Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese has the BEST Samuel Smiths I"ve had...I think they pull if from wood barrels in cellar. The White Horse in Parson's Green is awesome too. Also go find the the Kernel Brewery....cool part of town. Last is find the Historic Beer Tour (I know its on TripAdvisor..). I have to find the guys link. He's great.
Timmy
BN Army Air Corps

Go Cubbies!
TimmyR

Next

Return to Travel