capping off co2 for self carbonating beer is easy

Sat May 28, 2011 5:45 am

I always do this, every batch, for the last thirty.
You will need a Corney with a short dip tube and a pressure gauge that snaps on to the gas in. Also you should be able to do keg to keg transfers.
With known recipes I tend to go with the look of the yeast in the carboy, krausen, clarity, etc... Other wise rack from primary into the Corney at around two points Plato prior to your known or estimated FG. Then I bring the keg up or down to ambient 60-70F and let it sit for a week or so, and check the pressure every few days, releasing pressure when the keg gets above 20psi. Check your gravity and when it reaches final the keg goes into the kegerator and i transfer the beer after it clears. If the carbonation is a little low just overpressure and take note for the next time. I do lager as well a ales this way, the last batch was an ipa, no problem mon.
pat
Last edited by patfarm on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
patfarm

Re: capping off co2 for self carbonating beer is easy

Sat May 28, 2011 7:22 am

Very traditional man! Good work!

Mills
:bnarmy:
Sergeant: BN Army - Michigan Brewing Division

I've been pounding Chad's Dunkel all night.

- Doc

Twitter: @adammmills Follow me, yo!

http://thosewhocantteachbrew.blogspot.com
Mills

Return to Brew Strong