Re: No Sparge Brewing and BIAB

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Why ask why? Try Bud Dry.

Don't be offended. I just struggle to understand why anyone would want to overcomplicate something so uncomplicated as mixing warm water with some grain and draining it out. But to each his own. I don't care if a brewer chooses to fly sparge. It's just that I've found cheaper and easier methods that work just as well. That's all.
Dave

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
dmtaylor

Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:07 pm

I just gotta' say I did a BIAB Monday and it went awesome and it was so damn simple. I went from 65% to approx 74% efficiency, and doing that and no chill it took about 4 hours start to finish, most of that time was spent watching tv, feeding baby bottles and changing diapers. Easy peasy.
-Niko-

BN Army Sergeant

"Samsonite?!?.. I was WAY off!" - Lloyd Christmas

Come get your hops and more! Low prices and $5 flat rate shipping on hops-only orders http://www.NikoBrew.com
NikoBrew

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Yeah, I'm a BIAB person myself, too.
It's way cheaper than buying the whole 3 vessel system, and plus you get to make immature comments about how heavy it is to lift up your sack...
krisagon

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:26 am

Squeeze the bag gently. No, not too hard. Be gentle on the sack.
Dave

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
dmtaylor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:55 am

I may be white but my sack is black. What's in the middle you'll have to find out, or just ask your wife.
-Niko-

BN Army Sergeant

"Samsonite?!?.. I was WAY off!" - Lloyd Christmas

Come get your hops and more! Low prices and $5 flat rate shipping on hops-only orders http://www.NikoBrew.com
NikoBrew

Previous

Return to Brew Strong