Re: BN Soldier brew off sign up sheet

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:21 pm

neckbeardbeer wrote:
NervousDad wrote:I think I may be out :( I just tasted my beer and it tastes very funky. It's still early in the morning so maybe my tastebuds are off, but I think it may taste like Brettanomyces :(. I'll taste is again later today.

Could this have come from the Vanilla beans? I soaked them in bourbon for 4 hours prior to adding them to the primary. It tasted green the other day but otherwise fine, today it's a bit funky unless it was gelatin settling and that's what I'm tasting. but I got a somewhat sour pucker when I tasted it.

This would be my first infection.... sucks!

Edit: no sure now :) I was eating Tenderloin off of my GreenEgg this morning that kinda had a smokey bandaid taste and I'm not sure if that just carried over. my tastebuds suck.

Just HAD to say green egg to make me feel like a lesser man for running a WSM.

It's all good no matter what BBQ is used :D
NervousDad

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:33 pm

How is everyone feeling about their Porters? Im getting mine kegged tomorrow. If the rest of you asshats want to send some porter, I'll meet up with Bokonon the next few weeks and get these judged. I helped in my first competition this weekend with Bdawg, so I got alot of information to put to use for all your porters!
:jnj -PorkSlapper
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:02 am

Mine turned out just okay kinda blah, but I'd appreciate some feed back so I'll get it sent out this week.
NervousDad

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:49 am

I'll get mine out this week I hope. I keep forgetting.
EllisTX

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:22 am

You guys are killin me! I rushed to send out my mediocre porter. :asshat:
Sergeant, East Cost
neckbeardbeer

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:46 pm

neckbeardbeer wrote:You guys are killin me! I rushed to send out my mediocre porter. :asshat:

All part of our devious plan. Drinking mine right now. I think if I used MO instead of 2 row it would be money.
EllisTX

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:44 am

Today is the day boys! Bokonon, a local brewer, and I will be judging the Porters today. Good Luck to each of you, Im already thinking each of you have blown me out of the water. How would you like to get your score sheets? Would you like me to mail them to you, scan and email them, or just message you/post the results right here for the world to see? :aaron :aaron :aaron :drink
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:34 pm

PorkSlapper wrote:Today is the day boys! Bokonon, a local brewer, and I will be judging the Porters today. Good Luck to each of you, Im already thinking each of you have blown me out of the water. How would you like to get your score sheets? Would you like me to mail them to you, scan and email them, or just message you/post the results right here for the world to see? :aaron :aaron :aaron :drink
world to see. I ain't afraid.
neckbeardbeer

PreviousNext

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?