Re: BN Soldier brew off sign up sheet

Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:05 pm

I'm in!
Sergeant, East Cost
neckbeardbeer

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:53 pm

whoateallthepies wrote:
EagleDude wrote:Not sure how all this is going to work out, but I could be interested.

I would suggest having this be a quarterly thing with a different BJCP category each time and having a "judging center" rotating between locations of participants that have at least 1 BJCP judge that will partake in the judging and coordinate the feedback, etc.

This! Rotating judging centres. You guys could even organise a get together where people fly/drive in and make a weekend out of it.

Can't think of a better reason to fly to Austrailia!
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:26 am

Just a few minutes till mashout on my BN Porter. :aaron

How many of you shitheads have brewed yours already?
EllisTX

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:05 pm

It looks like we have around 8 entrants now. So how would we like to judge this little competition? I have read Eagles idea and like it, but I also like the idea of each of us just sending one other person our beer to judge against their own. Then compile a list of who's beer is better than who's. Lets decide on what we want to do. I could ask Bokonon, or Bdawg to help me judge them all, if we want to use Eagle's idea of a central and rotating judging system.
:jnj -Pork
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Have we asked JZ, Tasty, Moscow, or Chicken Boy if they'd like to do a short BOS judging before the show? With just 8 beers they might be willing to do that. If that's not possible I think a regional judging deal would be nice. Give BN'ers within a reasonable distance of one another a damn good reason to meat :unicornrainbow: .

Once again, great effing idea Pork!
EllisTX

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:36 pm

EllisTX wrote:Have we asked JZ, Tasty, Moscow, or Chicken Boy if they'd like to do a short BOS judging before the show? With just 8 beers they might be willing to do that. If that's not possible I think a regional judging deal would be nice. Give BN'ers within a reasonable distance of one another a damn good reason to meat :unicornrainbow: .

Once again, great effing idea Pork!

The pre-show BOS seems like our best option if they'll do it. I brewed mine a little over a week ago and it's dropping out. Took a taste today and was happy.
Sergeant, East Cost
neckbeardbeer

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:50 pm

When I talked to Moscow about it during a brewing with style episode it sounded like sending in the one best beer was the idea that he liked. If everyone wants to email Moscowitz we might get him to ask Tasty and the Pope to see if they would want to try all three.
-Porksword
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 am

I gotta get brewing!
NervousDad

PreviousNext

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?