Re: BN Soldier brew off sign up sheet

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:24 am

I brewed Jamils and I can't get it to clear and it's cloying as hell. I can't even finish a 4 ounce sample. I'm hoping it just needs more time.
NervousDad

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:41 am

This is my first attempt at this beer. It's in a conical and I"ve dropped the yeast yesterday. Turned it up to 72 to try and get any last minute attenuation and yeast cleanup done and it has improved in taste from Friday compared to last night but my FG is 1.030. It doesn't taste that high though and it started at 1.090 so I"m not too upset. My question is what do you guys usually do next. Cold Crash? Keg it and let it sit/lager/age?
Nasty Nate

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Wanted to Necro this thread to see if any of you Soldiers brewed, and still have your scotch ales. I wanted to see if EllisTX would want those who brewed one to send him one and he can set up a little comp. Just wanted to see if any :asshat: were interested.

:jnj -DrunkSlap
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:34 am

I wish I had some left :( I brewed one for this comp and I ended up wining 5 medals with it.
NervousDad

Previous

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?