Hop Stoopid

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Has anyone else tried the cybi Hop stoopid recipe yet? I tried the hop extract and pellet hop blend and there seems to be a harshness that i dont get in the commercial example. didnt know if anyone else found the same?
NSTNATE

Re: Hop Stoopid

Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Ok, no response yet how about this one. To the people that live closer to the west coast, is hop stoopid a very clear beer fresh from the brewery? With all that dry hop i would expect more haze. What i have available is very clear with not a lot of aroma. Anyone?
NSTNATE

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:25 pm

NSTNATE wrote:Ok, no response yet how about this one. To the people that live closer to the west coast, is hop stoopid a very clear beer fresh from the brewery? With all that dry hop i would expect more haze. What i have available is very clear with not a lot of aroma. Anyone?

Not 100% sure on this but I am sure that Laguniats uses a centrifuge to clear there beer. As does Stone & many other breweries & end up with super clear beer.
ACESFULL

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Hop Stoopid is clear without hop or other haze. Tons of aroma. Had a bottle two nights ago. Sorry I missed your post previously.

Cheers,
The Fool
bikefoolery

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:07 am

Thanks for the responses, I kind of figured thats the way it left the brewery. It just seems strange to add a ton of dry hops and then filter most of them back out, as my clone has way more dry hop character still after 6 weeks using the cybi recipe.
NSTNATE

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:59 am

ACESFULL wrote:
NSTNATE wrote:Ok, no response yet how about this one. To the people that live closer to the west coast, is hop stoopid a very clear beer fresh from the brewery? With all that dry hop i would expect more haze. What i have available is very clear with not a lot of aroma. Anyone?

Not 100% sure on this but I am sure that Laguniats uses a centrifuge to clear there beer.

You are correct. In fact, Jeremy just talked about their centrifuge on the show a couple nights ago.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?