Re: the problem with the jamil show is .....

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:19 am

I took the opportunity today to organize my pod cast files I have collected over the years from CYBI. I was truly amazed at the quantity and quality of the information that has been researched, collated and distributed and YES -ALL FOR FREE! I know I have become a better more knowledgeable brewer because I have been exposed to this wealth. And it has been good entertainment. Bless you Jamil for all the time you gave in this effort. And you whiners need to man up and stop your rants- or do it better.
IN THE BOTTLE:Imperial Aussie Ale, AB and oaked AB, Semper Fi Tripple
IN THE PRIMARY:
IN THE SECONDARY:
LAGERING :
ON DECK:Baltic Porter
ggltd

Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:38 am

ggltd wrote:I took the opportunity today to organize my pod cast files I have collected over the years from CYBI. I was truly amazed at the quantity and quality of the information that has been researched, collated and distributed and YES -ALL FOR FREE! I know I have become a better more knowledgeable brewer because I have been exposed to this wealth. And it has been good entertainment. Bless you Jamil for all the time you gave in this effort. And you whiners need to man up and stop your rants- or do it better.

+++1 well said :jnj :jnj

Josh
Jbug

Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:51 am

What is with the compulsion to name call people who are fans of a show that drop truth. I love all the BN shows. Are there more commercials and live reads? Yes. It is what it is though.

Sometimes I think our forum community pushes listeners away with some of the reactions like ones that are found in this thread. But I know the standard BN Army suck up answer is "fuck 'em, who needs 'em." That reply is a little short sighted guys.

Mills
:bnarmy:
Mills

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:11 am

If you need more evidence of how the commercials are dragging down the content listen two the last two Brew Strong Q&A shows (March 2012). The usual amount of commercials, but also half-assed answers and complaints from the hosts about the questions being asked and the fact that they have to answer them. At one point they came back from break, answered one questions, and went back to break.

Brew Strong is turning into a commercial delivery device. This works on the session because the shows are so long that even with the live reads and commercials there is a lot of content.

Maybe it is also J.P.'s fault.

mrsoul12
mrsoul12

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:23 am

No commercials, no BN.
I can live with the commercials. :bnarmy:
snowcapt

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:48 am

snowcapt wrote:No commercials, no BN.
I can live with the commercials. :bnarmy:

+1

Maybe we can get blober glawp to put it on a t-shirt. :asshat:
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:14 am

Either you pay for everything you listen to in dollars or you pay for it with your time listening to commercials...

Nothing is free but I think we can deal with the commercials for the value we get out of the shows.
@Day_Brew
PFC - Chicagoland Engineering Div.
_________
Primary: Berliner, RIS (for barrel), Trippel, Wit
Keg: APA, Eng. Brown, Belg. Stout w/ Bourbon Oak, BDS, Brett Experiment
anday6

Previous

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?