Re: Has CYBI contributed to significant changes to your brewing?

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:35 am

TimmyR wrote:I do not know how Stone gets so much hop to overwhelm the 007 esters I think I taste. Well see how my American Brown and Porter do.

I believe Stone uses a proprietary strain banked at White Labs. 007 will get you close, but I don't think it's the same yeast...

When listening to CYBI, I was really surprised at how many West Coast brewers used English strains. I thought it was due to the better flocculation, now I hear from this thread that there's a flavor benefit, too. Cool!
Find success in college, work with a college success coach at http://www.deliberateliving.org/
Tom from Raleigh

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:08 am

I've learned a lot from CYBI but BrewStrong is the show that has basically taught me how to brew.

I love the nerdy technique stuff.

Today I'm brewing the Robust Porter from BCS. It's my second brew from the book. Over the next year I am brewing one recipe from each BJCP category and submitting them to competitions.

What level beer nerd will I be when I finish that?
hiddentreasure

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:15 pm

hiddentreasure wrote:I've learned a lot from CYBI but BrewStrong is the show that has basically taught me how to brew.

Just kicked the keg of my Robust Porter from BCS... awesome beer, you'll dig it. Sad to see it go. Next up is a brew from CYBI, the riggwelter black sheep, just got my pack of wyeast 1469.
Keg - Strong Dark with Cherries and Brett, Strong Golden, Strong Dark, Habanero wheat beer
Primary - Berliner Weiss, Peach Berliner Weiss, Vanilla Cinnamon Metheglin
Conditioning - Flanders Red, Raspberry pLambic, Peach pLambic, English barleywine
luckydevil

Previous

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?