Re: Firestone Extravaganza

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:15 am

I understand what you were saying now ozwald.
Thanks.

But I still don't totally understand what they mean by just saying "RO water treated with Gypsum and CalciumChloride to 100ppm"
That just isn't enough info for a complete water profile... it is only part of it.

I really wish Palmer would just go thru EVERY style in Brewing Classic Styles and give a "Target Water Profile" for each one !!
Then you would have some idea what to shoot for for a IPA and what to shoot for for a Stout, etc.
I have kind of figured it out on my own, and learned as I go, but it sure would be nice to have a TARGET for each one.

Any one have any ideas on the 2nd question I posted about the SUPER LOW mash pH that Brynildson said they shoot for ??!?!? :?
*2012 Milwaukee GERMANFEST Best Of Show WINNER*

Next: Hoppy Amber Ale, Oktoberfest
Draft: Firestone Union Jack clone, "1892 Rauchbier" from Milwaukee Brewing Company !!
Bottles: Brooklyn L2 clone, Munich Dunkel, Schneider Hopfenweisse clone
driver8rws

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:06 am

driver8rws wrote:I understand what you were saying now ozwald.
Thanks.

No problem. It was the phrase 'very handsome men' that did the trick, wasn't it?
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:20 am

So what does anyone think the Sulfate : Chloride ratio should be for Firestone DBA ? .75:1 ? 1:1 ? 1.5:1 ?
How about for Union Jack ? 3:1 ??

Thanks !
-Randy
*2012 Milwaukee GERMANFEST Best Of Show WINNER*

Next: Hoppy Amber Ale, Oktoberfest
Draft: Firestone Union Jack clone, "1892 Rauchbier" from Milwaukee Brewing Company !!
Bottles: Brooklyn L2 clone, Munich Dunkel, Schneider Hopfenweisse clone
driver8rws

Previous

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?