Can you brew it suggestions/comments

Sun May 09, 2010 8:22 pm

I like the "Can You Brew it" show. There are a couple of things I'd like to see changed though so in the spirit of constructive criticism here they are:

1. lbs vs Kg. I listen to the show to get and idea for recipes and beer styles. I am actually not terribly interested in cloning an existing commercial beer particularly since I can't get many of the beers I hear about. I can immediately relate to x lbs of 2 row and y oz of cascade hops since these are the units I use in the proportions I brew. I am much clearer on the difference between say a 1/4 lb of crystal whatever vs 1 1/2 lbs and the implications of this addition in a 6 gallon batch. I can easily convert of course but when I am listening I am not pulling out my calculator, I'm just imagining the beer and getting ideas.

2. I'd like a description of the beer to be cloned before discussing the cloning process - i.e what *is* it? Sometimes I don't know if it is a pale ale or a stout until I hear the actual ingredients in the recipe 3/4 of the way into the show!

There you go, a couple of suggestions...literally!

Steve
stevedasleeve

Re: Can you brew it suggestions/comments

Mon May 10, 2010 2:55 pm

nogne Porter? Mirror Pond Pale ale?? Ballast point Calico Amber? I think I have a round about idea of what is being cloned. Some beers do not quite fit into BJCP styles or have names that accurately describe the beer. Its part of the mystery of listening.
I think if you listen closely you will hear the intent on why measurements are given in Kg vs lbs. also the use of different hops vs just cascade. Im not trying to bash on you Im just saying these topics have been covered in detail on other episodes.
sitting in the corner
Petedadink

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?