Re: Nogne #100

Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:35 am

whoateallthepies wrote:
grod wrote:Found a bottle of this and others from Nogne in a shop about 60 ilometres from me. At AUD $19 it seemed a bit steep but probably worth it. I opted for some Roachfort and Westmalle this time but will grab some Nogne in a few weeks.

love

g

Where would that shop be grod? I just listened to the show and have ordered some WLP007 from Dave's Homebrew Supplies so I can brew it.

Platinum Cellars?
aisle bender

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:55 am

jamilz wrote:And be sure to thank Kjetil for taking the time to help us. Not every brewer is willing to take the time or be so generous with the information.

JZ, absolutely!

I said this many times in the chat during the live interview and said "this brewer is giving good info". Really, he was really generous. He even gave the recipe in CYBI friendly info. How can you fault this guy!!

Whilst not being a show about something common, a great show. Like I said originally, listen to the show and don't just follow the recipe.

Cheers all, a bit drunk (again) right now.
"How's a beer sound, Norm?"
"I dunno. I usually finish them before they get a word in."
mauriceatron

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:30 am

And, of course, you should all check out their Andhrímnir Barley Wine, which I actually brewed with them. Whether you like the beer or not, it is a great example of how much Nøgne Ø is giving back to the homebrew community here in Norway. Last year they offered to brew the winning beer in the Norwegian national homebrew competition at their brewery. I was the lucky winner with an English-style barley wine. The beer was brewed in June, and I am really happy with the results.

Can't wait for the Nøgne Ø Porter show. And, by the way, listening to how "Nøgne Ø" is pronounced by americans is an extra treat! :D
Gahr Smith-Gahrsen, Bergen, Norway

7 Fjell Bryggeri and ABC Brewing
Gahr

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:01 am

Gahr wrote:And, of course, you should all check out their Andhrímnir Barley Wine, which I actually brewed with them. Whether you like the beer or not, it is a great example of how much Nøgne Ø is giving back to the homebrew community here in Norway. Last year they offered to brew the winning beer in the Norwegian national homebrew competition at their brewery. I was the lucky winner with an English-style barley wine. The beer was brewed in June, and I am really happy with the results.

Can't wait for the Nøgne Ø Porter show. And, by the way, listening to how "Nøgne Ø" is pronounced by americans is an extra treat! :D

Gahr, I bought a couple of bottles of your beer today, lookingwforward to drinking this weekend. AUD$20 each!
sinkas

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:05 am

sinkas wrote:
Gahr wrote:And, of course, you should all check out their Andhrímnir Barley Wine, which I actually brewed with them. Whether you like the beer or not, it is a great example of how much Nøgne Ø is giving back to the homebrew community here in Norway. Last year they offered to brew the winning beer in the Norwegian national homebrew competition at their brewery. I was the lucky winner with an English-style barley wine. The beer was brewed in June, and I am really happy with the results.

Gahr, I bought a couple of bottles of your beer today, lookingwforward to drinking this weekend. AUD$20 each!

Hell, that's even more expensive than it is here! I really hope you liked it!
Gahr Smith-Gahrsen, Bergen, Norway

7 Fjell Bryggeri and ABC Brewing
Gahr

Previous

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?