Which Episode?

Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:41 am

Justin recently had a discussion with a brewer who talked about wrecking the price curve in his area by releasing affordable sour beers. Can anyone help me with which episode this was?

Thanks!
KiltedBrewer

Re: Which Episode?

Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:47 pm

Could it have been the Creature Comforts show when they were talking about their Gose? I don't remember a specific discussion around price, but it seems like it could fit.
Sergeant BN Army
cdburg

Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:17 am

Creature Comforts Berlinnerweisse sells in GA for around $10 for a 6 pack. It's a little hard to find sometimes, but it's awesome!!
"The word unblowupable is tossed around a lot these days..."
Homer Simpson
bazookazilla

Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:15 am

I'll listen back to that episode, but I don't think it was them.

I have in my mind that a brewer was talking about releasing large format sours that retail under $10. It could have been on the sour hour, but I think he was talking to Justin.

I want to listen back because I'm curious about the brewer's pricing philosophy.

Thanks again!
KiltedBrewer

Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:14 pm

KiltedBrewer wrote:I'll listen back to that episode, but I don't think it was them.

I have in my mind that a brewer was talking about releasing large format sours that retail under $10. It could have been on the sour hour, but I think he was talking to Justin.

I want to listen back because I'm curious about the brewer's pricing philosophy.

Thanks again!

The only other thought I had was The Libertine Pub show. They're bottling sours also, and I think they use large format bottles. I'm not sure they're less than $10 though.
Sergeant BN Army
cdburg

Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:15 am

I found the episode I was looking for. It was the Free Will show. They sell their large-format sours for $10-$12. (That part of the interview starts at about 1:50 into the show.) It's a good interview, but he doesn't really give a ton of info about how he manages to keep his prices so low.

Thanks for the suggestions to help find it. I did listen back to The Libertine show, and that's a great interview.

Cheers,
David
KiltedBrewer

Return to The Sunday Session