Re: Congrats to Nicole!

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:25 am

brewindruid wrote:She has to come to Asheville, it's almost like the craft mecca of the East Coast! Something on the order of 13 Craft breweries...SN and New Belgium on the way. Property purchased from what I have heard!

But is any of it any good? I was not a fan of the Highland beers I had. I think there were a couple others that are packaged there. Any good brewpubs?
skerrydude

Re: Congrats to Nicole!

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Sorry so long in getting back!
Ya know, wish I could say there are a ton of great places, things change a lot up there and I haven't been able to get up there in a while. The best brewpub I have close to me is Foothills Brewery in Winston-Salem. Of course we have Red Oak and Natie's....but to be honest niether of those does much to impress me. Old Hickory has a pub in Hickory...I have had their ESB, which is not half bad.
We are catching up on the wine indutry but we have a long way to go on things craft beer!

P.S. Hey Long Ishland! Jersey guy here....let me tell you how many other things suck here in the south, not the least of which is the pizza and bakeries!!!!!
Beer, what all good things are built upon!
Primary:
Lagering:
On tap: Wharfside Porter
On tap: Braw Jock
Planning: Sanguinity Amber Ale, Lauging Parrot Pale Ale, and Screaming Parrot IPA
brewindruid

Previous

Return to The Sunday Session