12-11 Gluten Free Show

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:29 pm

My uncle recently was diagnosed with celiac and is now on a gluten free diet. Poor guy has to drink Redbridge Lager (brewed by A-B). I was going to brew beer and give it away as gifts for Xmas, but can't give it to him. I was very excited to learn the BN was having a show about brewing GF beer. Gives me some ideas on how to brew beer for my uncle.

This show is one of my favorites. Everyone seemed comfortable. The guest, Aaron, really blended in well with the group. He had thick skin, had a sense of humor, was very outgoing, very informative. As more research is done on this topic I'd like it to be earmarked for a revisit in the next year. Would love to have Plise and Aaron back on the show for a follow up.

I loved how the show played out. I caught the beginning few minutes and the last 2+ hours due to company being over for dinner, but I listened to the podcast at work tonight.

Keep up the great work, Brewcastersâ„¢.
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Re: 12-11 Gluten Free Show

Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:33 am

yep, yep, yep, yep

:bnarmy: :bnarmy: :bnarmy:
On Deck: porter, berliner weisse
Fermenting: xtra pale
In the keg/bottle: golden delicious apple cider, brown rice lager, german pils
EL TIZZO

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:11 am

many times yep!

This show was fantastic on so many levels. Great guests, strong discussion, and loads of new knowledge. I know several people that aren't necessarily interested in brewing that would benefit from Aaron's perspective on what it means to suffer from Celiac disease.

I'm really excited to see how the gluten-free process evolves, and how it might affect the future of the conventional brewing world. There's got to be a middle ground between all-gluten/zero-gluten brewing that is ripe for exploration...sours, saisons, etc...

I found the question of yeast selection and adaptation to be interesting.

Thanks again to Aaron, John, Gabriel, Sam and Bizarro S :twisted: m for opening up this very interesting topic!
Jgrundstad

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:07 am

Long time listener, first time caller.

The Bizarro-Sam piece was off the scale hilarious, I was bent double with laughter.

Even funnier that Calagione was on the line listening in - he's a good sport for playing along.

Excellent.
bellebouche

Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:54 am

So I listen to the archive on my way to and from work (A nuclear power plant). I am a home brewer and self-proclaimed beer snob. I never really paid attention to beer until I began home brewing (now I am obsessed). I listen to the show for the for the education on beer and brewing, not the shock-jock banter that fills so much time.

With that in mind, I have to give kudos to the exchange between Sam and Evil Sam, as it almost caused an accident while driving home. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes and did not notice a light had changed from green to red. At one point during the interview I could not tell the Sams apart. I hope the Real Sam did not find it offensive, because I would love to see/hear a recurrence of that bit.

Holy Jesus that was a great show, thanks!

P.S. The gluten and celiac info was great too.

-Lemy
Richland Washington
Lemy

Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:43 am

Haven't finished the whole episode yet, but I (actually my wife) stumbled on this article on Tweason. Not too much info, but the "cinemagraphs" are cool.

http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/30/brewing-beer-with-dancing-strawberries/
I wouldn't use me as an example.
Chemiker

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:06 am

Can someone tell me if Aaron Wood has a website or shares his recipes? He is a cool douche bag.

love

g
"in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"....a person not quite as plastered as the rest (not a quote by RSM grod of the BN Army)
grod

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:22 am

Plise's website is glutenfreecraftbeer.com and has recipes on it.
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Next

Return to The Sunday Session