Re: Not to shat on Mufasa but...

Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:47 pm

johnfoster wrote:what is a "twoof"?

It's the noise that a tdog makes.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:13 pm

Brewcaster J wrote:I don't think your observations are off Greg. It's a very good point you bring up.

I would just say that supporting your local brewery and appreciating a brewery chain are not mutually exclusive. As much as I love our local products here in Pacheco (hookers and blow) I could never be such a local Nazi that I don't patronize other establishments.

J

Or "Exotic Hookers"? Sometimes a nice Cali girl and sometimes someone more tropical eh J? :drink
Abstainer: A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
Ambrose Bierce
Ironman

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:29 am

BeerPal wrote:
brewjester wrote:At least u guys have a GB or BJ's. I'd love to see BJ's or GB or Rock Bottome move up here in Michigan. Just be thankful for the complaining and you have several choices where to go.

Dude, when you live out in the fuckin' boonies, you reap what you sow. Just sayin'. :wink:

BeerPal, I live in SE Michigan, not the sticks. I actually live in a suburb of Detroit. Just sayin it would be nice to have a GB, BJ's, or Rock Bottom here. But, I can get Jolly Pumpkin easily and several others! Sweet!
Cheers!
Give a man a brew, he's drunk for a day. Teach a man how to brew, and he'll be drunk for life!
Corporal Seaman, Midwest Lake Support, BN Army
brewjester

Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:51 am

brewjester wrote:
BeerPal wrote:
brewjester wrote:At least u guys have a GB or BJ's. I'd love to see BJ's or GB or Rock Bottome move up here in Michigan. Just be thankful for the complaining and you have several choices where to go.

Dude, when you live out in the fuckin' boonies, you reap what you sow. Just sayin'. :wink:

BeerPal, I live in SE Michigan, not the sticks. I actually live in a suburb of Detroit. Just sayin it would be nice to have a GB, BJ's, or Rock Bottom here. But, I can get Jolly Pumpkin easily and several others! Sweet!
Cheers!

Didn't Doc once refer to our part of the US as "Flyover Country"? Maybe it's a East and West Coast thing that they think the area between NYC and SF is the boonies. :wink:
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:45 am

That's what happens for being in the middle. At least my left hand is good for locating different cities. :lol: :lol:
Give a man a brew, he's drunk for a day. Teach a man how to brew, and he'll be drunk for life!
Corporal Seaman, Midwest Lake Support, BN Army
brewjester

Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:14 am

It's the noise that a tdog makes.

Touché
get a 500 Beers book today from beerschool.com
not on tap: Beer School the beer pouring at 21st Amendment. we drank it all.
johnfoster

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:07 pm

brewjester wrote:I actually live in a suburb of Detroit.

Thanks for making me thankful to live in the sticks.
BrewTa2
Global Moderator

Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:46 pm

brewjester wrote:
BeerPal wrote:

Cheers!

Sounds like a business opportunity.... which part of SE Michigan are you in? There is a new wine/beer/cigar lounge in Brighton. http://www.leafbarleyvine.com/ if that's your thing. It's not a brewpub but I've heard nothing but good things about it.
AugustinaBarruna

Previous

Return to The Sunday Session