Moving Hops

Sat May 03, 2014 7:20 pm

I'm moving in 2-weeks. I have some robust cascades and centennial hops in mouth garden and was hoping to carry the rhizomes over to my new home. I'll be out of. A house for about 2-4 weeks. Can the rhizomes be transferred and if yes, then what's the best course of action.
Timmy
BN Army Air Corps

Go Cubbies!
TimmyR

Re: Moving Hops

Sat May 03, 2014 7:27 pm

They can definitely be moved, how else would B3 or NB sell them?

I wonder if TheDarkSide or somebody else up that way would be willing to make some fridge space for a couple weeks until you get settled? You should be able to cut them out, get them into a bag, into the fridge, then Fedex them overnight with a cold pack in the box. The recipient should be able to keep them in the fridge until you are ready to plant them.

It's still cold in NH. They should be OK, I'd think.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Sun May 04, 2014 4:59 am

BDawg, good idea. I may consider a cooler w/ice packs too. I can get them cold when I get there I think. I will have around 8 good sized cuttings. My hops are going crazy here right now.
Timmy
BN Army Air Corps

Go Cubbies!
TimmyR

Sun May 11, 2014 6:45 am

Done last week.

Cascades

Centenials
Timmy
BN Army Air Corps

Go Cubbies!