Heretic beer swap for Trinity

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Trinity is a small brewery in colorado springs (Podcast 7-17-11) they specialize in saisons, sours, barrel age beers and sell them in 750ml and range from about $15-$28 for 750ml bottle. http://www.trinitybrew.com/salessheet2.php#750ml

Brewing up a batch of heretic shallow grave and would love to compare it to the real thing. Wish we could get that stuff out here in colorado.

I'm in for any beer swap for heretic beers but would particularly love to get some heretic shallow grave. I can paypal too since I don't post a whole lot or just follow the brewers code.

cheers.
vorlauf

Re: Heretic beer swap for Trinity

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:32 pm

It sucks that beerjobber went out of business. I ordered a case of Heretic once and now can't get it way out here.

Colorado's not too far from Cali, right? Hop in the car and go get some :mrgreen:

Good luck on your quest.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:40 pm

A bomber of heritic is about the same as a 375ml bottle of cantillon here.
j1m1

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:50 pm

I had a shallow grave I got from brewforia, I got it sent to Durango CO. I think the bottle I got was old and slightly oxidized; it was good but very sweet and some hot alcohol flavor. I get a lot of that "taste" in beers from distant breweries. I think it's because Utah doesn't refrigerate them and they sit in the state warehouse for a long period of time
Totes.McGoats

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:29 pm

Totes.McGoats wrote:I had a shallow grave I got from brewforia, I got it sent to Durango CO. I think the bottle I got was old and slightly oxidized; it was good but very sweet and some hot alcohol flavor. I get a lot of that "taste" in beers from distant breweries. I think it's because Utah doesn't refrigerate them and they sit in the state warehouse for a long period of time

ugh... I don't think I could live in utah given how much I like beer, I'd have to move, even to Wyoming...
-PFC Kragaad, Abacus 'Brewing Company'

Fermenter - PBW
Aging - Sweet Mead, Dry Mead, Saison, Cider 1, Cider 2, Vanilla Bourbon RIS
Cellar - Cherry Porter, Pale (Cascade), IPA, Belgian Pale, Irish Stout
Next - 3 Pales (Citra, Amarillo, Experimental 342)
AbacusBrewingCo

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:26 am

Totes.McGoats wrote:I had a shallow grave I got from brewforia, I got it sent to Durango CO. I think the bottle I got was old and slightly oxidized; it was good but very sweet and some hot alcohol flavor. I get a lot of that "taste" in beers from distant breweries. I think it's because Utah doesn't refrigerate them and they sit in the state warehouse for a long period of time

Colorado is similar - it is impossible to get most bottled California beers, especially hoppy ones, tasting fresh here. Sierra and Lagunitas are notable exceptions and this may be because they are big enough to be distributed by Coors. My recommendation is to go to California and drink Heretic's beers on draft.
maxwell

Return to Swaps