Want something from the midwest?

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:21 pm

I may not have lots of "rare" beer but I do have a lot that I can trade with. I'm not in search for the rare and mainstream beers. I like to enjoy beer from all over. I live in KS and it's a stupid state where you can't legally buy beer or wine of the internet and have it shipped to my home. I'm proud to say that my husband and I travel near and far for our beer. We make frequent trips to Colorado and I also have done beer trades through Untappd and Reddit. I can get easily any local flav such as Boulevard, Tallgrass, Free State and Schafly's. I've got a (wo)man cave full of beer! Looking for some bombers? I may have it. Stone, The Bruery, Dog Fish Head, New Glarus, New Belguim, Funkwerks, Crooked Stave, Epic (Utah), Upstream, Oskar Blues, Avery's, Odells. I do trade $ for $ and shipping. For example...everyone wants Pliney the Elder. Well, Pliney costs around $7 in Colorado for a bottle so that would be the $ amount I trade for.
sahammon

Re: Want something from the midwest?

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:51 am

While you may get some bites, in general many people (myself included) hesitate to trade right off the bat with people new to the forum. I say this not to discourage you, but to encourage you to stay active here and feel free to chime in where you can. We have had people who've joined the forum that all they do is ask for trades, without building any sort of community.

You did introduce yourself first, so that earns you points in my book! Also, you might be interested in checking out the Secret Santa 2013 thread and signing up for an anonymous exchange.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:36 am

I agree. I had joined on here to do the Secret Santa mentioned on the Sunday Session I had noticed some other newbies and you had commented that. I was scrolling down and this caught my eye. I have done many exchanges on Reddit Gifts as well as /r/mysterybox. Anyone can check out my history and badges there. If anyone is interested they can PM and we can start from there. :)
sahammon

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:46 am

Cool. You're already approaching it way better than many I've seen. I probably won't be up for making any trades until after the SS stuff is off my plate, but might hit you up about something in the spring. So far my favorite site for comparing distribution is http://www.seekabrew.com, I'd suggest checking it out... or if you have any better resources, I'd be interested to know. Feel free to let me know if OH has anything you've been wanting to try.
Spiderwrangler

In the cellar:
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:03 pm

Weren't you sending me some Hop Slam or something? I completely forgot about it.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:20 pm

Ozwald wrote:Weren't you sending me some Hop Slam or something? I completely forgot about it.

Well.... apparently I did too... unless I promised to send you some when it comes out again? Be a few months yet.
Spiderwrangler

In the cellar:
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:54 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
Ozwald wrote:Weren't you sending me some Hop Slam or something? I completely forgot about it.

Well.... apparently I did too... unless I promised to send you some when it comes out again? Be a few months yet.

I'll assume the former so I can scold you with a very stern wag of the finger & plan on the latter with a tip of the hat. There's a show NetFlix won't ever pick up. And I'm too lazy to look it up on Project.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:31 pm

sahammon wrote:I may not have lots of "rare" beer but I do have a lot that I can trade with. I'm not in search for the rare and mainstream beers. I like to enjoy beer from all over. I live in KS and it's a stupid state where you can't legally buy beer or wine of the internet and have it shipped to my home. I'm proud to say that my husband and I travel near and far for our beer. We make frequent trips to Colorado and I also have done beer trades through Untappd and Reddit. I can get easily any local flav such as Boulevard, Tallgrass, Free State and Schafly's. I've got a (wo)man cave full of beer! Looking for some bombers? I may have it. Stone, The Bruery, Dog Fish Head, New Glarus, New Belguim, Funkwerks, Crooked Stave, Epic (Utah), Upstream, Oskar Blues, Avery's, Odells. I do trade $ for $ and shipping. For example...everyone wants Pliney the Elder. Well, Pliney costs around $7 in Colorado for a bottle so that would be the $ amount I trade for.

I'd be in for a bomber swap, I'm in PA so I could help grow your Dogfish Head collection; I'd love to get some New Glarus.
-PFC Kragaad, Abacus 'Brewing Company'

Fermenter - PBW
Aging - Sweet Mead, Dry Mead, Saison, Cider 1, Cider 2, Vanilla Bourbon RIS
Cellar - Cherry Porter, Pale (Cascade), IPA, Belgian Pale, Irish Stout
Next - 3 Pales (Citra, Amarillo, Experimental 342)
AbacusBrewingCo

Return to Swaps