Swaps from georgia

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:47 am

I am interested in trying beers that are not available in Georgia. Some of the local breweries I am able to obtain are Sweetwater, Terrapin, Atlanta Brewing, and Highland Brewing Company. Let me know where you're at and what breweries are near you.
Peace, Love, Unity
L0nni3
l0nni3

Re: Swaps from georgia

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:55 am

l0nni3 wrote:I am interested in trying beers that are not available in Georgia. Some of the local breweries I am able to obtain are Sweetwater, Terrapin, Atlanta Brewing, and Highland Brewing Company. Let me know where you're at and what breweries are near you.

Here in Texas, I can get Jester King, Real Ale, some Saint Arnold, Rahr & Sons, and the newly opened Pedernales Brewing. A trip to austin or San Antonio, could add Ranger Creek or Austin Beer Works.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:57 am

Here in the StL area I have access to tons of local beers. Schlafly, 6 Row, 4 Hands, Perennial, 2nd Shift. Tons of spots.
ACESFULL

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:28 am

Columbus, OH - Columbus Brewing Company, Elevator Brewing Company, Rock Mill (all local), Great Lakes, Founders, New Holland, Hopping Frog, Rivertown, 3 Floyds, possibly more depending on who lives where and what they can get.

If anyone has skills and the time to do it, I've had a good idea for beer swapping. Here's the premise. Website has a map of the US, you can click on your home state, and click on the state of your swapee. The page then lists all the breweries you have access to that don't distribute to their state, and vice versa.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:03 pm

As much as I would love to swap with all of yall...I can't, but I have heard great things about some texas booze.

Spider you sound like you want a site like brewshuffle but for commercial beers. If more people were active on brewshuffle I think that site would be awesome.
Peace, Love, Unity
L0nni3
l0nni3

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:42 pm

http://www.seekabrew.com/

I've used that one when traveling for work. Looks like what you're looking for Spider.
@Day_Brew
PFC - Chicagoland Engineering Div.
_________
Primary: Berliner, RIS (for barrel), Trippel, Wit
Keg: APA, Eng. Brown, Belg. Stout w/ Bourbon Oak, BDS, Brett Experiment
anday6

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:12 pm

anday6 wrote:http://www.seekabrew.com/

I've used that one when traveling for work. Looks like what you're looking for Spider.

Wow! Seekabrew.com is incredible and looks pretty accurate from what I can tell. Nice link!
Dan
Carmel, IN
Twitter: @IndianaBrewer
Corporal - BN Army

Favorite Quotes:
"I have won lots a awards and know brewing."
alkohall

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Good, now I don't have to pay a programmer to make that site for me ;P Yes, this is what I wanted, thanks!
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Swaps