Re: Low temp fluctuations

Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:57 am

You can leave it on the yeast in primary upwards of 6 wks (if not even more) with no ill effects.
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Re: Low temp fluctuations

Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:22 am

humpadilo wrote:I just checked the gravity and it looks like it is trucking right along. It is now at 1.018 after 13 days. The OG was 1.110. So I'm gonna raise the temp to about 70(?) to see if I can't drop it a bit more. If it doesn't drop I am good with that FG. I'm planning on leaving it on the yeast cake for about two more weeks. I want to transfer it to a secondary just because I'm not ready to bottle and I will probably leave it in my closet (that stays pretty constant at about 70-72) for a month or two.

That's awesome; looks like the cool snap didn't fuck with it at all.

brewinhard wrote:You can leave it on the yeast in primary upwards of 6 wks (if not even more) with no ill effects.

+1. I wouldn't risk racking it. Plus you're already at 82% ADF with 001. You're probably not going to drop too much more, but leaving it on that cake to clean up is still a good idea.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Fermentation