Brewday all set, but oh no!

Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Just spent the weekend getting everything ready to brew up a specialty beer for christmas (Bug's Carrot Cake Ale). Got my recipe in order, grains ready, water pulled and treated, and my 2 L starter of WL 300 on the stir plate.

I go down in my basement to check on the starter (about 20hrs in) and put it in the fridge to cold crash it, when all of a sudden I smell beer and yeast (not good). I make it over to where the starter flask is and see spilled wort/yeast all over the floor and a shattered 2L erlenmeyer! Neighborhood kids (ages 8-9) over and were playing hide and seek in the basement with my daughter (5) and they knocked it over. Of course, it was the only vial of hefeweizen yeast at the LHBS left with no other selections even resembling it. I was so psyched to get a brew day in and was so proud that I had everything ready to roll.

Now I am forced to try out fermentis WB-O6 dry yeast and see how it performs. Hope it does the trick somewhat. My wife said it happened because I wasn't spending enough time with the kids. Thanks honey!
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Re: Brewday all set, but oh no!

Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:51 am

I told you having those kids was going to be nothing but problems. :roll:
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator