Oregon rules on "waste water" from small winery/cidery

Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Does anyone know if in Oregon an orchard/winery/cidery needs a septic system and/or special permit for "waste water"? The "waste" water, in my case, would only be the water left over from cleaning out barrels and spraying down the floor... nothing really different from if I was just running the farm as usual (just now I'm processing my fruit into alcoholic beverages instead of sending them to a store).
doctorcosmonaut

Re: Oregon rules on "waste water" from small winery/cidery

Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:17 am

My understanding is that most of the septic/sewer stuff is more local than at the state level. You may wish to contact your municipal utility folks and they can probably direct you to who you need to talk to.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Re: Oregon rules on "waste water" from small winery/cidery

Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:45 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:My understanding is that most of the septic/sewer stuff is more local than at the state level. You may wish to contact your municipal utility folks and they can probably direct you to who you need to talk to.

+1

In the case here they will direct you to the person running another department, who will direct you to someone who somewhat understands your problem, who will direct you back to the first guy, who will direct you to someone who doesn't deal with that sort of thing, who will direct you to the water department, who is on vacation until next Thursday.

Good luck & don't give up. You may have to talk to a 'few' people before you get the correct answer.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Return to Mead & Cider