Well, that passed by without me noticing

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:21 pm

I just realised I started home brewing in June 2007 so I've missed that 10 year milestone by a month :roll:

I brewed kits for a year then stumbled on "How to go from Extract to AG for < $10.00" on this forum, bought a voile curtain and made a boiler which let me jump from kits to new-fangled BIAB, learning from the info in those posts. It worked, I drank the beer and lived - result!

I still do BIAB for "one corny" brew lengths but as the voile is getting old I made myself a stainless mesh grain basket using a 30 litre Euro bucket and an Ikea splatter screen (how-to).

Best brewing decision: cornelius kegs
Worst brewing decision: experimenting keeping yeast in distilled water
vacant

Re: Well, that passed by without me noticing

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:42 am

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are having great luck with the BIAB. I do it only occcasionally, stick to batch sparging out of habit. I figure why change something that works great for you. I've been brewing for 15 years with some 250+batches and been doing all grain/batch sparging since about brew #3.
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Return to New Users