Podcasts?

Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:57 am

What is going on with the shows? Lately it has been taking days or weeks for the new shows to be made available. I'm not expecting them as soon as the show ends but its now Friday and still no Session, or the latest Sour Hour or The Jamil Show. Yeah I get that they have a bar to run now and I think its great and all but I don't donate monthly to keep a bar running that I can't easily drive down to and visit. I thought Justin had mentioned something about one of his employees at the Hop Grenade possibly taking care of this stuff.
gwaugh

Re: Podcasts?

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:56 am

I've been disappointed, too. I love the show, but live on the east coast and can only seldom listen to it live.

The BN does put a priority on the live feed, so I've decided to take advantage of that and start recording it myself. I'll have it the next day even when Justin gets drunk or has better things to do than post a podcast.

There are a ton of recording apps out there that can be scheduled to record a streaming source. You might look around and see if there's one that'll work for you.
Flameout

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:34 am

you guy can go to the video stream and listen/watch it there. They are available as soon as the podcast is finished.
Private First Class BN Militia 1st Sheep Wrangler Division
Up next: IIPA
Primary: empty
Secondary: empty
Kezzor: empty, Cider, empty, Wheat Beer, empty
hop loader

Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:08 pm

hop loader wrote:you guy can go to the video stream and listen/watch it there. They are available as soon as the podcast is finished.

I wish I could guy, but I work in the afternoon so I can never listen live because the place I work is pretty strict on what we use the internet for which means I can't listen or watch the stream at all. I guess I'll look into recording the live stream and make my own podcast.
gwaugh

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:41 pm

JoeBeer100

Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:05 am

Here's the recorder app I've been using for some streaming music shows. I think it'll work just as well for the BN.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/radio-r ... 26774?mt=8

It's been a week since the Anchor show, and I'm not seeing it in iTunes or on the website. Maybe they had some technical trouble with it? They're ignoring social media questions.
Flameout

Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:25 am

gwaugh wrote:
hop loader wrote:you guy can go to the video stream and listen/watch it there. They are available as soon as the podcast is finished.

I wish I could guy, but I work in the afternoon so I can never listen live because the place I work is pretty strict on what we use the internet for which means I can't listen or watch the stream at all. I guess I'll look into recording the live stream and make my own podcast.

I meant that a version is available straight away on the live video stream, so you don't have to wait for them to put up the podcast
Private First Class BN Militia 1st Sheep Wrangler Division
Up next: IIPA
Primary: empty
Secondary: empty
Kezzor: empty, Cider, empty, Wheat Beer, empty
hop loader

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:09 pm

hop loader wrote:
gwaugh wrote:

I meant that a version is available straight away on the live video stream, so you don't have to wait for them to put up the podcast

Unless there is a way to save the audio and put it on my ipod or phone the livestream is useless to me. I normally listen while I'm at work and my internet use is strictly monitored. I'm going to have to look into the method of recording the livestream as suggested by Flameout for future shows as I see the Anchor episode is still not up for download.
gwaugh

Next

Return to Beer Radio