Re: The Sour Hour

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:41 pm

Thanks for the update. Make complete sense ... In the meantime is there an easy method publish the upcoming episode schedule (even if it is in this forum post in the short term). Even if it is a few days before the episode airs, if we can make it live, it would be great to know the schedule.

Rob
VictorBrew

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:04 pm

The bottom left corner of the homepage has the show schedule. I try to post it at the beginning of each month.
Moscow
Global Moderator

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:48 pm

Moscow wrote:As such, for the time being, the place to get The Sour Hour is iTunes or LiveStream. You will not find it on the BN's webpage until we launch the new site. It will be soon, but I don't have an exact date yet for you guys.

I'm not trying to be a dick but hasn't the BN been trying to launch the website for a couple of years now?
Brian
KCMO
mobrewer

Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:28 am

Love the show guys, been listening since the jump but wanted to send some kudos your way.

Quick question, who should I contact if I want to send in some beers?
coff

Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:55 am

mobrewer wrote:
Moscow wrote:As such, for the time being, the place to get The Sour Hour is iTunes or LiveStream. You will not find it on the BN's webpage until we launch the new site. It will be soon, but I don't have an exact date yet for you guys.

I'm not trying to be a dick but hasn't the BN been trying to launch the website for a couple of years now?

Even longer than we've been hearing about a better chat... :D

IIRC, the website issue is that it was designed and built by someone who flaked the fuck out and J hasn't been able to get the necessary info from the guy to be able to have full control over the website. Same reason we've been 'listening' to Steve Dresler from Sierra Nevada's interview from 08-08-2010 for years, whatever the thing is that updates the now playing info busted and no one has been able to fix it.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:00 pm

Yeah, what he said.

mobrewer wrote:I'm not trying to be a dick but hasn't the BN been trying to launch the website for a couple of years now?

Close.

spiderwrangler wrote:Even longer than we've been hearing about a better chat... :D

IIRC, the website issue is that it was designed and built by someone who flaked the fuck out and J hasn't been able to get the necessary info from the guy to be able to have full control over the website. Same reason we've been 'listening' to Steve Dresler from Sierra Nevada's interview from 08-08-2010 for years, whatever the thing is that updates the now playing info busted and no one has been able to fix it.

Well, kind of. AndyRoo designed the website and it works just fine. The problem is the platform. An attempt was made and money was spent to port everything to a new platform and it just didn't work out.

The now playing thing was supposed to be fed from the streaming software but it no longer is.

The better chat thing is coming someday. I promise!
code
codewritinfool

Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:44 am

codewritinfool wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:Even longer than we've been hearing about a better chat... :D

Well, kind of. AndyRoo designed the website and it works just fine. The problem is the platform. An attempt was made and money was spent to port everything to a new platform and it just didn't work out.

The now playing thing was supposed to be fed from the streaming software but it no longer is.

The better chat thing is coming someday. I promise!

And suddenly, Steve Dressler is gone! Now it's the 2014 Christmas Show.
It's magic! :jnj
Gimme oysters and beer (and Durian) for dinner every day of the year...
mike____

Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:50 pm

Was there a Sour Hour for January? I saw it listed on the show schedule for this last Wednesday, but there doesn't appear to be a video feed of it up, and no podcast listed yet either. Did it get re-scheduled?
Beerd Man

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Radio