Monday only schedule?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:25 am

What's with that idea?

Looks like I won't be able to listen live again because of my work schedule. Sunday worked out great. Now I'll be cast down into the rejects that are only podcast listeners. That sucks.

Oh well, probably won't see you guys in the chat during the show anymore. Life goes on.
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Re: Monday only schedule?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:12 am

C'est la vie. I've been in that boat on & off for a few years now. I find it kind of nice having a few hours worth of brilliance to listen to while I drive around for work. The Meltdown is even better when you're sober.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:37 pm

I like having it on Sundays better, but understand that it may work better with some of the BN crews schedules better. I guess I'd rather have a Monday Show than none at all, but I'm more able to listen live on Sundays. Since this is the first thread I've seen, unless there are a lot of angry feedback emails that will be read next show, I'm guessing most listeners are accepting of the proposed shift if it does happen.... The Monday Session just doesn't have the same ring to it though.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:27 pm

WTF....?????L? When did this happen?? I have missed the last 2 shows, guess I need to listen to the archives. Sunday was already hard for east coasters, I imagine this will be near impossible!!!!

I understand about schedules and all that jazz, but Monday sucks big donkey dicks!!!! My measily $.02..... For whatever the fuck that is worth these days!!

Sergeant, Gulf Coast, Air Force Div.

Keeper of the :asshat: 2011-2012

"Push keeps shoving something in my mouth" Kim Woods

BJCP Judge
Whitebeard_Brewer

Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:58 pm

There's the anger I was expecting! Justin mentioned on the last Monday show that he might be pursuing a shift to more or possibly all Mondays. Monday would make it tougher for the East Coast, since they usually don't start til 6.
Spiderwrangler

In the cellar:
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:28 pm

As an avid listener, donor and BN army for lifer since 2008, I've always listened to the podcast. I just can't take Sunday evening family time away from the family. The podcast only experience is perfectly great. I've only listened live a couple of times (and one of them I won a conical!).

I would caution J on one point: NFL and the BN have a very similar demographic.
:bnarmy:Corporal, BN Army Kettle Scrubbing Squad :bnarmy:
andy77

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm in Eastern time and on Sundays it works out well because it's 8pm here and my wife puts the kids to bed so I can listen. I work second shift Mon-Fri 330-1130pm, so the time isn't an issue there on Sundays.

If it's Monday, and they start late enough, say 6pm PST, that's 9pm here, I'm home by 1145pm, so I could at least get the meltdown live, then catch the podcast for the rest of the show. Wouldn't be that bad, but still not as good as Sunday shows.

If the show is permanently moved to Monday, the name should be changed for sure. It's no longer the Sunday Sessionâ„¢. It has to be some other name. Maybe just "The Session"? but it still won't be the same.

Justin arrogantly stated his opinion during the Tim from fucking Canada rant about how he feels about listeners in general thus discrediting the spirit of the feedback segment. I took that to be a Freudian slip in the heat of the moment. I hope the changes in the past several months and those in the near future don't solidify and manifest into the demise of what he and the Brewcastersâ„¢ have created.

I'll have to wait to see how this plays out. I didn't see any dialog on the forum here, so I figured I should start some conversation about it.
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:10 am

Adam wrote:Justin arrogantly stated his opinion during the Tim from fucking Canada rant about how he feels about listeners in general thus discrediting the spirit of the feedback segment. I took that to be a Freudian slip in the heat of the moment.

I think you took that segment too much to heart...
Spiderwrangler

In the cellar:
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Beer Radio