Beer Wars - the movie

Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:22 am

Anyone heard about this or going? http://beerwarsmovie.com/
How about getting these guys on the show for an interview?
Peace through music - Playing for Change
http://www.playingforchange.com
Thure

Re: Beer Wars - the movie

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:09 am

I bought tickets for opening night, should be interesting.
Millhaus

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:19 am

You should write to the BN Blog about it, Millhaus. Take some nice pictures n stuff.
Peace through music - Playing for Change
http://www.playingforchange.com
Thure

Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:53 am

Yes, please do (provided they don't seize your camera or something). The nearest showing for me is either 250 miles one way or 170 miles the other. Not exactly something I'll be able to attend. Hopefully they put the movie up for sale after it's viewing. If so I'll be buying a couple copies: one for me and some for my friends/family who don't quite "get" my brewing hobby yet.

Either way have fun, and you better have a BN army shirt on in those photos! :jnj
Frankenhop

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:08 am

Sure thing. I will see what I can do. I am not sure what to expect because it seems like a documentary that is put on the big screen.
Millhaus

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:39 am

Yeah I dunno, seems boring to me and I don't see the big deal about it.
Kick Rocks,
MajorJipp
JP
Global Moderator

Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:33 am

JP wrote:Yeah I dunno, seems boring to me and I don't see the big deal about it.

Your sarcasm is hard to pick up so two responses:

If you're being sarcastic: Suck it JP.
If not: You're surrounded by the brewing industry and brewing culture, most of us aren't. While the showing might be interesting for brewers and people into craft beer only the video itself, as something we can sit our friends and family down for and have them watch, can be seen as an introduction to the industry. If it's of the same quality as the trailer it'll be a great intro and maybe even make people who think all beer looks and tastes like horse piss take another look.
Frankenhop

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:32 pm

I will be viewing it one way or another. The only theater in the vicinity that serves alcohol isn't showing it (yet anyway); I'm working on that. Additionally a new brewery here is doing some sort of VIP special invite drinking/viewing party with super limited capacity. I'm really wanting to go that route but I don't know if I'm VIP enough for that yet.

Should be good times.
bille

Next

Return to Beer Radio