Re: Just got my Ninkasi!

Fri May 16, 2014 3:23 pm

Bad Goat Brewing wrote:I bet you don't have a mouse, rat, or small dog problem around your house.

Or badger, deer, moose, elephant... :D
Happy Birthday Ninkasi!
Gimme oysters and beer (and Durian) for dinner every day of the year...
mike____

Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:57 am

I'm a proud papa this morning. I was down in the shop & heard a big ruckus going on upstairs. I figured one of the neighbor dogs was in the yard again & he was upset that they wouldn't come close enough to tag it. I look outside at the kennel & he's walking around with a toy in his mouth - I buy him large dog toys, like stuffed pheasants. But then I noticed the 3 toys he has out there were all laying on the ground.

He caught a small rabbit that got a little too close. Since I feed him well & at a certain time during the day, he was more interested in playing with it than killing it... but with as rough as he was being, I couldn't believe he didn't kill it in the process. Carrying it around in his mouth, a little shake here and there, he'd toss it & pounce on it & then swat it half way across the kennel flopping around like a rag doll. Then pounce on it & repeat the whole game over. He finally swatted it hard enough that it hit the fencing, fell on the ground & managed to squeeze out of the kennel. Ninkasi missed hooking a claw in it's rump & dragging it back in by less than a centimeter.

Kinda glad I didn't have to clean up the mess if he had got it & drawn blood since he probably would've ended up ripping it apart, but kinda sad at the same time - I don't think that particular bunny's coming back over for a play date anytime soon.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:31 pm

I want my vegan, and peta supporting relatives to read this. I am amazed he didn't just kill and eat it completely on natural instinct.
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:40 am

It's just like a typical house cat playing with a mouse. If they're well fed on a regular basis, they won't have much interest in eating it... just playing with it until they kill it. Just a cat being a cat. Crackpots... er... I mean PETA supporters shouldn't have a problem with that. He's living a good life & being a cat... which is much better than being part of some rich cunt's coat.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:16 pm

Totally with you on that one Ozwald. That's one fucking nice kitty right there, using one of my favorite line from Bubbles on Trailer Park Boys.

:jnj -PorK
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:13 pm

Fruitful year, this year. He got a bird who was dumb enough to perch on the kennel fence. This time I got to watch the whole thing. When he goes into attack mode (as opposed to when we're just playing) it's just unbelievable. He is so freaking fast. The bird saw him, managed to get it's wings almost fully extended to take off & it was over. 2 seconds, tops. Confirmed kill, confirmed dinner.

At first he was just tossing it up in the air to see if it would fly again, cause he wanted to catch it again. Then he was just batting it around. It didn't look like he had much interest in eating it, so I left the window for a bit... when I came back, there was nothing but a head, a wing & a happy cat.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:16 pm

My cat is no Ninkasi, as we took him as a stray (declawed and all) over 10 years ago. We are guessing he is around 14 years old or so and is one of the healthiest pets I have ever had. The past two years when we moved into our new house he has literally decimated a rabbit family that lives on the outskirts of our yard. He is an indoor/outdoor cat, and has a true survivalist instinct. He is well fed and still likes to hunt birds, mice, chipmunks, and rabbits (he just waits outside their hole until they pop up). After eating his fill of the animal (mostly its brains and insides) he leaves the rest on the lawn for me to pick up before the kids run over to touch it. Good times!
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:37 am

Last November
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator