Re: Secret Santa 2016

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:18 am

I've heard seek-a-brew is fairly out of date now. Is this true? I'd like to include a couple commercials bottles with my homebrew.

Also, for whoever has me, I love all beer styles (as long as there is no peat smoked malt). Sour fanatic, so those are fine as well (I know some people hate them).
1beerbaron

Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:11 pm

Shit life happened and I missed the cut-off. If someone gets screwed or Scrooged let me know.
Brian
KCMO
mobrewer

Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:41 am

1beerbaron wrote:I've heard seek-a-brew is fairly out of date now. Is this true? I'd like to include a couple commercials bottles with my homebrew.

Not sure. Since we were running so late this year, I just copy/pasted last year's post & updated the dates. I've never actually used the site. It was suggested by someone else.

mobrewer wrote:Shit life happened and I missed the cut-off. If someone gets screwed or Scrooged let me know.

Sorry man. It was definitely a late start this year & the window had to be pretty short to get matches out in time. I'll try to get on it right after Halloween next year.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Finally got some time to bottle a couple of beers off my kegs. How many beers do people typically send in these? Also which is better to send, homebrew/commercial? Or both? Running some errands tomorrow after work (buying some ingredients to brew over break), and picking up some boxes to make some shipments. Just curious how big of a box I should be getting....
Skibbereen

BN Army, PFC, Philly Division

Fermenter: Irish Red, Lambic 1 and 2, Framboise, Blueberry Lambic, Kriek, Sour Choc Porter, Sour BB Porter

Keg: Flanders Brown, BIPA, Choc Porter, BB Porter, Irish Red

On Deck: IIPA, Pilsner, Rauchbier, RIS
Skibbereen

Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:08 pm

Homebrew is preferred but I have sent commercial beer as well. I send about a six-pack but I've also had years when I sent more and received more. I have also received less but it was high-quality and unavailable in my state.
Brian
KCMO
mobrewer

Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:35 pm

Skibbereen wrote:Finally got some time to bottle a couple of beers off my kegs. How many beers do people typically send in these? Also which is better to send, homebrew/commercial? Or both? Running some errands tomorrow after work (buying some ingredients to brew over break), and picking up some boxes to make some shipments. Just curious how big of a box I should be getting....

Send what you can. It's historically been a homebrew exchange, but having a couple of those special regional bottles in there is always appreciated. In my experience, receiving 3 bombers of 3 different homebrews was rad. If you've got more you're willing to send, that's awesome. If you've only got 1 batch, but you're super fucking proud of it, send a bomber, 2 bombers, a 6'r of 12's, whatever, it's awesome. This isn't a competition, you're not going to be judged (unless you ask for their opinions directly, which you can do if you want, but isn't expected).

The rules are loose, because we encourage participation, from the stove-top extract brewer, to the decades-seasoned 1bbl batch brewer. What you send is up to you. Be generous if you can, don't feel bad if you can only meet the minimums. I can guarantee that your recipient will be ecstatic just getting that box in the mail.

Happy holidays, everyone. Much Ninkasi love to you all.

Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:51 am

Just a reminder to send out those Sent & Received emails to Santa. So far I've got 1 package sent & nothing received.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:41 am

I've got to get mine out this week. I was waiting until after this past weekend so I could include some commercial bottles as well. I should have it out either tomorrow or early next week (might wait until Monday if I can't get it out tomorrow).
1beerbaron

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Related