Brew Guru app

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:13 pm

When I was at Russian River last week, I was creepily approaching complete strangers to tell them about the Brew Guru app so that they could take advantage of the discounts available to even the 15-day trial users. (Those poor suckers had no idea that they would have an awkward Kim Wood encounter when trying to enjoy their Plinys....) It made me wonder, how many existing AHA members haven't even downloaded and used the app? So, of course I RUSHED to the forum to share my unsolicited two cents....
You have GOT to download and use this if you're already an AHA member. Honestly, I suck at remembering which places have AHA member deals, or half the time I leave my AHA card in a different purse, whatever. From using this app over the past couple of weeks, I have learned about member deals at some of my locals that I didn't even knew HAD deals, saved a bunch of money, and have also suggested to two local breweries that they start carrying member deals, so that they will get more business through the app (and save me money in the process)! Also, you know that thing where you show your AHA member card to a server, and they have no idea what the deal is? Problem solved, because now you just show them your phone, they see what the discount is, and BAM, you're saving money enjoying great beer, food, or homebrew supplies.
And if you're not already an AHA member, just download it and do the 15-day free trial, save some money, check out some cool homebrewing content, and see if you like it.
It's kind of a no-brainer. And that's good for us BN Army folks, right? ;)

So, that's my unsolicited PSA about Brew Guru. If you download it and sign up, I will make Andy Wood call you and sing you a song about Consecration, personally greet you at the door with a can of Monk's Blood, or leave you an Evil Sam-inspired congratulations message. (Deep cuts... Gotta be a long time listener to get those references...) Good enough?

Have any of you already downloaded and used the app? What do you think? If you have suggestions, leave 'em here, and they will get to the AHA. New app versions are set to be released soon based on feedback.

Cheers, and happy brewing! MIC DROP AND PSA OUT!!
kim

Re: Brew Guru app

Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:05 am

Glad to hear I'm not the only one --
Whenever I'm working at Jester King and I overhear someone mention that they homebrew, I used to ask about their brewing practices, location, club.

Now I ask them if they've downloaded Brew Guru, and show them the Member Deals geolocate feature. Often someone else will overhear and ask, "how can I get that?!"

It's also great incentive for BA members to join the program, or revise their offerings.

I should add it to my Brewery Tour script :lol:

:aaron

Debbie Cerda aka Snax
AHA Governing Committee member | Diversity Sub-committee Chair | Research & Education Fund Sub-committee Co-chair
snax

Re: Brew Guru app

Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:41 am

kim wrote:When I was at Russian River last week, I was creepily approaching complete strangers to tell them about the Brew Guru app so that they could take advantage of the discounts available to even the 15-day trial users. (Those poor suckers had no idea that they would have an awkward Kim Wood encounter when trying to enjoy their Plinys....) It made me wonder, how many existing AHA members haven't even downloaded and used the app? So, of course I RUSHED to the forum to share my unsolicited two cents....
You have GOT to download and use this if you're already an AHA member. Honestly, I suck at remembering which places have AHA member deals, or half the time I leave my AHA card in a different purse, whatever. From using this app over the past couple of weeks, I have learned about member deals at some of my locals that I didn't even knew HAD deals, saved a bunch of money, and have also suggested to two local breweries that they start carrying member deals, so that they will get more business through the app (and save me money in the process)! Also, you know that thing where you show your AHA member card to a server, and they have no idea what the deal is? Problem solved, because now you just show them your phone, they see what the discount is, and BAM, you're saving money enjoying great beer, food, or homebrew supplies.
And if you're not already an AHA member, just download it and do the 15-day free trial, save some money, check out some cool homebrewing content, and see if you like it.
It's kind of a no-brainer. And that's good for us BN Army folks, right? ;)

So, that's my unsolicited PSA about Brew Guru. If you download it and sign up, I will make Andy Wood call you and sing you a song about Consecration, personally greet you at the door with a can of Monk's Blood, or leave you an Evil Sam-inspired congratulations message. (Deep cuts... Gotta be a long time listener to get those references...) Good enough?

Have any of you already downloaded and used the app? What do you think? If you have suggestions, leave 'em here, and they will get to the AHA. New app versions are set to be released soon based on feedback.

Cheers, and happy brewing! MIC DROP AND PSA OUT!!

Just heard the episode with the consecration song for the first time (only listening for about a year and a half).
Brewshki

Return to General Beer Related