2015 Secret Santa

Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:49 am

Ho Ho Ho!

It's that time of year again, time to leave a plate of Tasty Cookies & a tall glass of milk stout next to the fireplace. The 9th Annual BN Army Secret Santa Extravaganza is on.

Rules are pretty much the same as they have been for the past few years:

*Entry is open to all BN Army members in good standing. Yes, there is a naughty list.
*There is a 22oz minimum, but no maximum.
*The exchange is intended to be homebrew, but local commercial beers are welcome to supplement the homebrew. Check SeekABrew.com to see what isn't available to your recipient. Nothing sucks more than receiving a mystery package full of the same beers you just picked up at the local supermarket.

This is not an exchange - the person you're sending beer to is not the person you're receiving beer from. It's a good idea to include your forum name & as much info you would like to share about your beers in the package. If you haven't shipped beer before, do a quick search of the forum - there are some topics full of tips on how to successfully (& legally) ship your beer.

Cut-off for entries is Monday, November 30th at 11:59pm Mountain Time. I will get the recipients sent out a day or 2 after. Ideally you should ship so your package arrives right around Christmas, but into the first week of January is considered acceptable. Please ship on time so you don't get added to the naughty list. Let me know when you receive your Santa's package so I can keep track.

To enter, send your info in an email to BNArmySanta. That's a gmail dot com account. **

The subject line needs to be your forum username and nothing else.

The body of the message needs to be your real name/mailing address and nothing else.

Do not send questions or anything other than the signup info to that address. Questions can be posted in this thread or PM me.

** Yes, you need to send the email even if you've posted in this thread, sent me a PM or participated in last year's Secret Santa, the year before, etc.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Re: 2015 Secret Santa

Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:11 pm

I'm actually out of home-brew right now, and I won't be able to brew another batch in time to meet the shipping deadline. Can I still sign up if I can only send commercial beer? I have a few local breweries I want to send out of state to some people who may not be able to get it (along the lines of Crooked Stave and Trinity).
GilesTH

Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:29 pm

I can't say anything official, but my guy last year didn't have any homebrew available at the time, and while I was a little sad I wouldn't get to try anything home-made, he definitely made up for it with some awesome/limited beers and stuff I wouldn't ever have had the chance to try. And after GABF, I can definitely say Trinity and Crooked Stave were some amazing breweries. I would not be upset to find a box of those waiting for me at home at least.
Beerd Man

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:37 am

While we want to keep it homebrew-centric, situations like that would still be in the spirit of the event. Just make sure you check the distribution of whatever you're sending to where.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:04 pm

I'll be in again this year!!
Nasty Nate

Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:47 pm

Please note that if you want in, you must enter via the Gmail dot com address BNArmySanta. (To avoid spam I'm not typing it out or providing a direct link)

Posting in this thread, sending a PM or having participated in last year's, the year before, etc., does not get you into the festivities.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:58 pm

YaY! I'm sending an email right now! :jnj
Fermenting: Black IPA, Barley Wine, Cider and Imperial Stout

Current man crush: Warren

Previous man crushes: Nathan, Tasty, JP and Justin