organic hop nutrition plan

Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:32 am

Just found an awesome organic plan that covers the entire season. When shoots firts appear (or right before), feed a 50/50 mix of blood meal and bone meal. This'll supply nitrogen and phosphorus, both needed for root growth. Once leaves form, feed blood meal alone once. As production time nears, start adding green sand. This gives 'em potassium, and will boost cone production. All sources I've read say a single feeding of green sand is best. It'll continaully feed as you water, without leeching into ground water. When getting ready to winterize your beds, feed once more with sraight bone meal, then cover your plots with straw. This gives your rhizomes a nice storage of energy for the next season. I found all of these fertilizers @ my local "Home-de-pot". Cheers and happy growing!
Never insult a man untill you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do insult him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.
nakedbrewer

Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:36 am

Right on Nakedbrewer,

I've been trying to find something like that ever since I planted mine last year. The hops show w/ Vinnie has a ton of great info but it was hard for me to pin point the feeding regimen.

Thanks for the post, Cheers.

huh, huh...I said, "it was hard for me"...
"I always just sit on it with my pants down."

-Push Eject
Brancid

Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:41 am

Oh yea,

Where did you find the info? Is there a link?
"I always just sit on it with my pants down."

-Push Eject
Brancid

Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:35 am

Brancid wrote:Oh yea,

Where did you find the info? Is there a link?

Glad to offer some help to ya! The majority of that info came from Growhops@yahoogroups.com. Theres a link in a previous line in the forum. The rest of my info was provided by a master gardener in my family.
Never insult a man untill you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do insult him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.
nakedbrewer

Return to Homegrown