Oh the humanity! Gallon+ of must all over the kitchen floor

Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:57 am

I got up really early this morning to get a mead going. Everything was all set, and I was transfering the must from my bottling bucket to a carboy. I walked upstairs to check on my wife and left the hose pouring honey water into the carboy. When I came back downstairs I saw the hose had popped out of the carboy, and was pouring must all over the kitchen. THANK GOD I found it before my wife did! So now, I have about 3 or 4 gallons left in a 6.5 gallon carboy.

On the bright side, the ale yeast took off like a SOB!

Note: I know mead isn't beer, but its an “ale style” mead, so I figured that was "beer related". Anyway, it could just as easily have happened with wort.

-Andrew
RepDetec

Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:09 am

Hey, its the brewing network, not the beer-making network :) I say wine, mead, and beer are all appropriate topics.
On Deck:
Primary: American Amber Ale
Conditioning:
On tap (kegerator!):
Fond memories:

Beer-gut: 38"
jaydub

Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:23 am

Don't worry she'll find out some how. :lol:
Gucci Pilot

Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:22 am

jaydub wrote:Hey, its the brewing network, not the beer-making network :) I say wine, mead, and beer are all appropriate topics.

that's right. All things brewing accepted here. Nice catch on the Mead too. 3 or 4 gallons better than nothing
Brewcaster J

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:08 pm

she always finds out. nice catch though :?
Liberty Brewer Company
Serving- Molson Ice
Fermenting- Libertys all-grain IPA 1
Fermenting- Libertys all-grain IPA 2
lagering- Libertys first all-grain Pilsner 1
insco2

Return to General Beer Related