Re: How To Reuse Your Heineken Mini-Kegs

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:07 am

Can anyone shed some light on this? If possible more detailed instructions on how this works would be greatly appreciated.
Will21NZ

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:27 pm

The hole needs to be a super tight fit. The bung has a little groove that holds it in the tight hole. It can be a real bitch to get it in and out, but once it's there, if you do it right, it should hold. I like a little Vaseline to get it in there. Coaxing it in with a dull screwdriver can also help.

If you need more detailed instructions, I hear 50 Shades of Gray is a good book. I haven't read it myself.
Dave

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
dmtaylor

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:52 pm

Thanks Dave,

If you are using a dull screw driver I don't think 50 Shades will help. I'll have to check with the misses cause I haven't read it myself.

The rest of your instructions make more sence though.
Cheers :jnj
Will21NZ

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:32 pm

dmtaylor wrote:I like a little Vaseline to get it in there. Coaxing it in with a dull screwdriver can also help.

Wait, what? :shock:
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Wed May 18, 2016 10:18 am

what size/ kind of drill bit did you use for the bung? step bit? I gotta try this
zxcy38462

Mon May 15, 2017 9:01 pm

Sometimes I still wonder if the dishes got done.
snowcapt

Tue May 16, 2017 5:46 pm

I got one of those things in 2009 hoping to reuse it to keg a small amount of brew for parties. Here's the problem:

When I removed the septum I saw that thing inside, and I realized that it wasn't going to be suitable for reuse. So I cut the bottom off with a saber saw, and this is what I found:

You can't sanitize that stuff for shit!

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know that I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
Charlie

Wed May 17, 2017 7:28 pm

snowcapt wrote:Sometimes I still wonder if the dishes got done.

Sink is currently empty.
Dave

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
dmtaylor

PreviousNext

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing