Re: Kolsch ideas for Winner Takes All Comp

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:30 pm

:nutters: :nutters:
Last edited by bazookazilla on Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The word unblowupable is tossed around a lot these days..."
Homer Simpson
bazookazilla

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:44 pm

dip the ball-sack, eh?? I am aware that this comp isnt BJCP and I DO live in Atlanta, but I don't think showing the nutt-sack will help. If anything, it will probably hurt my chances of winning.
Homer Simpson
bazookazilla

Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:07 am

For non-serious judges (aka "People's Choice") a Kolsch may do well. I won one with an Ofest and my friends won the following year with a Belgian Pale Ale. This year a fruited Saison won. There's always a fruit beer or melomel or something in the top three. If it's the general public voting in the competition they aren't as beer geeky as one may think.
Brian
KCMO
mobrewer

Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:12 pm

Was this for the Great Southern Brew off comp?

I live northeast atlanta and entered. I entered my Dubbel that got a 41.5 in the 2nd round of NHC 2016 (and took 1st in Nashville region in 1st rd). So I had high hopes for this competition.

I don't like the winner take all format. I didn't get any feed back, the drop off was sketchy and they didn't know what the hell was going on. I had to email them to get feed back and it was two measly senetences from two judges. I'll never enter a winner takes all brew comp again. I want constructive feedback.
Twah

Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Twah wrote:Was this for the Great Southern Brew off comp?

Yes it was. I agree with your opinions completely. I don't think I will ever enter a comp like this again. I received zero feedback or comments.
Homer Simpson
bazookazilla

Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 am

So don't leave us hanging - how did the Coffee Kolsch turn out? I'm not the biggest fan of coffee in beer (I know, I know) but I'm curious as to how you felt.
MalcomV1982

Previous

Return to All Grain Brewing