Motorcycle accident

Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:26 pm

Last night one of my closest friends was rear-ended on his motorcycle by a pickup while driving home from work. He was stopped, waiting to make a left turn & apparently the other driver wasn't paying attention. He was aero-med'ed out to the nearest Trauma One in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He's been in a natural coma (not induced) since it happened with some pretty severe cranial pressure building up. His pelvis was severely broken which also led to massive tearing of his bladder. As of 4 this morning he'd already been through at least 2 surgeries but has been upgraded to critical condition. They're still closely monitoring the cranial swelling & there is a surgeon standing by in case if it continues to get worse, but at the moment it appears to have leveled off. No updates in the last 12 hours & there's not much we can do other than wait at this point.

Jay is a great guy, a dear friend, a loving husband & a rockstar father of 2, both under the age of 6. Please keep him & his family in your thoughts these coming days.

http://thedailynews.cc/2015/07/21/just- ... kup-truck/

Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Re: Motorcycle accident

Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:55 pm

Oh man....Sorry to hear that Lee. Tough enough to be in a motorcycle accident, but when family and children are involved, it makes it even harder. Prayers tonight for him! Please keep us posted on his progress.
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:00 pm

My thoughts are with him...hoping for a speedy recovery. Keep us updated!
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:35 pm

Sorry to hear, I hope your friend has a full recovery.

I have had far too many friends that had their lives ruined by motorcycle accidents. All of them caused my drunk or distracted drivers. When my wife was pregnant with my first daughter I sold my bike. I do miss it, but there are too many assholes driving around not pay attention.
NervousDad

Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:00 pm

Sending good vibes to him and his family.
A similar thing happened to a frind of mine. Except he was in the-middle-of-nowhere Russia and ended up losing his leg.
Heres to getting out of the woods and on to a speedy recovery.
snowcapt

Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:26 pm

Thanks everyone. No real updates at this point other than the cranial bleeding seems to have leveled off. From what I understand there's still a surgeon standing by 24/7, but it looks like his body is fighting pretty hard at this point. I also found out that he has a broken wrist and/or forearm & just about every rib on his left side is cracked or broken. He was probably hit at 60-65 mph, so it's not all that surprising. He's still not awake either.

I appreciate the texts, PM's & emails. You guys are great. Jay & Rachel are 2 of my best friends & it's killing me that I can't be there right now.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:55 am

I am sure they appreciate your thoughts.
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:34 pm

Man, those poor kids. This is horrible. I hope he recovers fully.
code
codewritinfool

Next

Return to Off Topic Stuff