Re: How to go from Extract to AG for < $10.00

Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:47 am

Made my jump to AG using BIAB about 6 months ago and am loving it. Being a geek, I was full set on building up a three vessel system and stand until I heard about BIAB and decided to try it first. About ten batches later I don't see any need now, or possibly ever, for a three vessel system. I love having to only clean one vessel at the end of the brewday, and the overall simplicity of the process.

And my geek tendencies are still being fulfilled, I just finished up building a gas fired RIMS system that's basically a clone of the Tower of Power.... 8)
ThatGeekGuy

Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:17 pm

From what I've read so far, BIAB seems to be the next logical step for me. Having resisted Extract home brewing/bottling until about 3 years ago because I saw myself as lazy - cleaning, sterilising, bottling to stubby or KBs seemed a lot of work, plus the sulpherous results my rellies and mates were producing turned me off.

Then one day, one of those mates asked me to sample a beer he had made and kegged. He also told me what was involved and I liked it a lot, both the beer and the process.

So I can see myself giving BIAB a good shot. Reduced labour for a better beer - gotta be a no-brainer. :D
Cheers
thursty2

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:52 am

This thread has been silent too long! BIAB is an awesome way to brew! I do 10 gallon traditional batches with my Uncle and 5 gallon BIAB batches on my own. It saves so much time and effort and makes beer that is just as good as a 3 kettle system
Captain Scotch

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:06 pm

Captain Scotch wrote:This thread has been silent too long! BIAB is an awesome way to brew! I do 10 gallon traditional batches with my Uncle and 5 gallon BIAB batches on my own. It saves so much time and effort and makes beer that is just as good as a 3 kettle system

I'm going to have to read through the rest of all these 40 pages now. maybe. BUT YES. BIAB is the way to go if you're doing extract and want to try all-grain. my last 5 batches have been all grain, and easy; thanks to a new 15 gallon kettle and giant grain bag for mashing. it's ridiculously easy, cheap, and adds that much more to the brewing experience.
Cedar Valley Brew Co

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:19 pm

Cedar Valley Brew Co wrote:
Captain Scotch wrote:This thread has been silent too long! BIAB is an awesome way to brew! I do 10 gallon traditional batches with my Uncle and 5 gallon BIAB batches on my own. It saves so much time and effort and makes beer that is just as good as a 3 kettle system

I'm going to have to read through the rest of all these 40 pages now. maybe. BUT YES. BIAB is the way to go if you're doing extract and want to try all-grain. my last 5 batches have been all grain, and easy; thanks to a new 15 gallon kettle and giant grain bag for mashing. it's ridiculously easy, cheap, and adds that much more to the brewing experience.

It took me a long time to read through all that!
Captain Scotch

Previous

Return to All Grain Brewing