Perlick sucks, Pointless rant.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:34 pm

I had bought a third Perlick faucet awhile back. After a couple months it started leaking I had tried changing the
O-rings, and swapping the o-rings with faucets that didn't leak. But I still had a persistent drip. A brief search on the internet suggested this might be a common problem with the 525ss, so i contacted Perlick to see if there any sort of repair kit, or warranty service available.

Nope. They told me that I should be serving at 17psi+, not 10psi. It was leaking because of user error. I pointed out that at that pressure the beer would be over carbonated in a week. They said their products were designed for bars where kegs wouldn't stay on tap for that long. At this point i realized they were just making up excuses to get me off the phone. I would have been fine with, "sorry we don't have a warranty for home users." I really hope Vent-a-matic starts manufacturing again soon. I will never buy a Perlick product again, beer faucet, water faucet, or whatever.
Bad Goat Brewing

Re: Perlick sucks, Pointless rant.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:59 pm

JoeBeer100

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:22 pm

JoeBeer100 wrote:http://www.kegoutlet.com/ventmatic-forward-sealing-stainless-steel-faucet.html

Thanks for the link. I was told to wait for by a homebrew shop to wait.. Not sure what's new, but supposedly an improved version is supposed to coming in January. The shop might have just been out, and unable to get more for a couple months too, who knows.
Bad Goat Brewing

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:21 am

Bad Goat Brewing wrote:Thanks for the link. I was told to wait for by a homebrew shop to wait.. Not sure what's new, but supposedly an improved version is supposed to coming in January. The shop might have just been out, and unable to get more for a couple months too, who knows.

It might be worth it to email the Keg Outlet guys and see what their take on it is. It's a bit peculiar that they are the only ones with Ventmatics. I got 2 from them and they work very well. Maybe it's worth waiting a month for the new models though.
JoeBeer100

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:55 am

After a few months with 550SS faucets they started leaking at the top oring. All 4 faucets. Ordered the new 650ss since they seem to have solved the problems with the shitty 500 series faucets but won't admit it. Why else would they redesign the faucets so soon after releasing the 500's?
Next:
Fermenting: Cider, Azacca Oat Pils, Egregious-ish, Lambic, Carrot Blossom Cedar Mead, Brett Helles
Drinking: RIS, Doppelbock, Sauerkraut Gose, Lambic, Brett Blonde, Kriek, Saison, Rye Berliner
Barrel aged: RIS, Rye Barleywine, Tripel
dstar26t

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing