Re: Party pump to Ball lock

Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:09 pm

Most of what my company makes in Pipe (J476) and J512/13/14 adapters are good from 150 Psi to 9,000 Psi. if making this part from Hex stock, assume stainless, then I am sure it can withstand the 30 Psi of beer systems (max), even with a wall thickness of 0.030".

I think this will be a custom part. Money may go better else where. But good project none the less. That is what we home-brewers are about.
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:58 pm

breslinp

Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Ah... I thought you were saying you wanted to adapt the party pump to use on a ball lock keg... which is just dumb. It should be able to handle pressure at least equal to what the keg would be under, and since you only need to be supplying serving pressures and wouldn't be jacking it up to carb a commercial keg...
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:42 pm

breslinp wrote:You could just buy a sanke coupler for $26.

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/keg-taps-couplers-pid-7485E.html

+1.3
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:44 pm

For $20 you can get a CO2 cartridge keg charger that screws into the gas post. It took 3 cartridges to dispense a full corny. I'm glad I bought that instead of the pump. It's small, convenient and if you don't go thorough a whole keg the rest of your brew is blanketed in CO2 and any leftover CO2 in the cartridge is good for the next time.

Got mine from the LHBS:

http://www.apexbrewwares.com/cart.php?m ... ch=Charger

Another one:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/revi ... tegory/41/
Brian
KCMO
mobrewer

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:41 am

mobrewer wrote:For $20 you can get a CO2 cartridge keg charger that screws into the gas post. It took 3 cartridges to dispense a full corny. I'm glad I bought that instead of the pump. It's small, convenient and if you don't go thorough a whole keg the rest of your brew is blanketed in CO2 and any leftover CO2 in the cartridge is good for the next time.

Got mine from the LHBS:

http://www.apexbrewwares.com/cart.php?m ... ch=Charger

Another one:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/revi ... tegory/41/

I bought one of those a few years ago... and never used it. Just never needed to. The one thing to keep in mind is not to cheap out & buy the BB gun cartridges because they contain oils for the rings in the gun. The ones you buy from the LHBS aren't that much more expensive & they're clean. I've heard a lot of great things about them... one of these days I'll use mine.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:24 am

After looking at one of the converters that my LHBS has I would just need to get a 1/2 inch to 7/8 inch male to male fittings. Well that is where the hard part comes in. I haven't done much looking but if anyone knows where to get one please post it!!!

Here is what the fittings for the ball lock post looks like. They already have these made up so it should be just a matter of finding the right fittings.

I did find this 7/8 in. Compression x 1/2 in. Male Pipe Thread Adapter but I'm not sure if it would work. What do you guys think? From the pic it looks like I would just have to take the compression parts of the fitting off.
forcera

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:13 pm

forcera wrote:I would just need to get ..... male to male fittings. Well that is where the hard part comes in.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. :unicornrainbow:
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing