Re: Sanitizing

Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:05 am

How'd I get the name change to JoeBeer?? This makes me very :( in the :nutters: .

I asked about the tubing because the cheap stuff from the hardware store can leach flavors as well, so just wanted to make sure you weren't using the wrong stuff. Most homebrew shops will have the right stuff, so it doesn't sound like that's a contributor.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:33 am

Ozwald wrote:How'd I get the name change to JoeBeer?? This makes me very :( in the :nutters: .

Hookset has some practicing to do with using the quote function. :) I fixed it for you, so your :nutters: can stop crying.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:06 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
Ozwald wrote:How'd I get the name change to JoeBeer?? This makes me very :( in the :nutters: .

Hookset has some practicing to do with using the quote function. :) I fixed it for you, so your :nutters: can stop crying.

Aww, thank you Spidey. My :nutters: are much happier now. Things are looking up.

(It was hell trying to fix all the quotes in my first reply)
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:57 pm

Ozwald wrote:Hookset has some practicing to do with using the quote function. I fixed it for you, so your can stop crying.

man, I suck at quotes... and I wasn't even drinking. Maybe that would help :aaron

Thanks for the fix!
hookset

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Well, gave it another shot tonight. Making a red Ale from a kit, here are the changes in my process?

1) Cleaned the heck out of everything.
2) Filled the boiling kettle with the full 5 gallons (instead of adding water later.)
3) Used 1/2 Campden tablet to remove the chlorine

I have the fermenting bucket in my laundry room which probably stays around 65 degrees. I forgot to take a SG reading. Thanks for all the help again, I will let you know how it turns out.
hookset

Previous

Return to General Beer Related