Avery Brewing Recipes for Homebrewers

Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:54 am

http://averybrewing.com/brewery/recipes ... mebrewers/

I stumbled across this last night so I thought I'd share this to all interested or anyone looking for a starting point on recipe creation. They were nice enough give grain percentages, hopping amounts and times, yeast strain and temps, etc...for 14 different beers.

If you haven't had the opportunity to drink The Reverend I HIGHLY recommend you try and brew or scale it down to a Dubbel and brew it. Cheers!
Afterlab

Re: Avery Brewing Recipes for Homebrewers

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:04 am

I used this page to brew an Avery ipa clone. It turned out very good especially since it was before I was a bn listener and my sanitation and fermentation control were sub par.
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:22 am

Avery IPA is pretty great, I especially like it in the can :unicornrainbow: I never would've guessed there was only 4% Munich Malt in that beer.
Afterlab

Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:44 am

Cool post! Thanks for sharing. I have seen the recipies for a few of those but not all of them. I love how they are willing to share!
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:07 pm

This is pretty interesting to see. I bet that Avery IPA would taste good without the C120, with 50% more late hopping, and with an aggressive dry hop.
maxwell

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:38 am

Our club used this page to do 7 different Avery clones for a beer festival in August. I personally took on White Rascal, came out very close.

We did find on the hoppier beers the additions listed aren't enough to get the correct ibu's on the beer. When we asked Avery about it, they mentioned that they do extended whirlpools at near boiling temps. Those late additions contribute a lot of ibu's. We tried to adjust the bittering additions to compensate, but found it just wasn't right.

All in all it was a fun project. We had some beers that were nearly spot on, and others that were off a little. Nobody was too far from the Avery offering.
Schemy

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles