Frankfurt and Munich

Sun May 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Hey everyone! Making a trip to Germany at the end of August. My wife has a conference in Frankfurt and we're heading to Munich afterwards. I'm definitely hitting Cologne and Dusseldorf while we're staying in Frankfurt and I think I'm pretty squared away there. Does anyone have any suggestions for beer stops in Frankfurt, Munich, or elsewhere in Bavaria? I hear some tours need to be scheduled ahead of time. Thanks in advance! :jnj
BeerStein

Re: Frankfurt and Munich

Sun May 19, 2013 2:57 pm

Check out Bamberg beer me, The guy gives some great tours of the Franconia region of bavaria, and he sponsors the BN!

-http://bambergbeerme.com

Other than that, in Munich Hit all the great breweries my favorite breweries are Augustiner and Ayinger, but I have never been to Deutschland so cant help your too much.

:jnj -Pork
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:18 am

My time in frankfurt was pretty limited, so I don't have any recommendations there.

Munich:
Hofbrauhaus is cool to see with good beer and food, but I wouldn't make it a priority unless you just want to say you've been there. I enjoyed the Augustiner-Keller bier garten near the main train station (Hauptbahnhof) more. For me, a don't miss is the Seehaus in Englischer Garten. Nothing like sitting under the trees on a lake in a massive park in the middle of Munich, enjoying a Paulaner weissbier.

South of Munich, I've heard fantastic things about the Andechs Monastery (Klosterbrauerei Andechs).

If you venture to Salzburg, Austria, don't miss Augustiner Brau. Not affiliated with the Augustiner in Munich, but probably a descendant of Augstina Barruna.

Have fun!
Chris Graham wrote: "What do I do with this?"

Justin wrote: "Just blow."
yellowcolumbia

Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Email Dan@gordonbiersh.com He may know a place or two :jnj
I'm enjoying my 6-pack....my 6-pack of Superbowl trophies!
twitter.com\@ajignatz
ajignatz@gmail.com
Steelers&Beer

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:10 pm

yellowcolumbia wrote:My time in frankfurt was pretty limited, so I don't have any recommendations there.
If you venture to Salzburg, Austria, don't miss Augustiner Brau. Not affiliated with the Augustiner in Munich, but probably a descendant of Augstina Barruna.

Have fun!

This!

Marzen served from wooden casks, poured into steins you have just rinsed in the fountain. Long bench seats where you can sit and talk to locals. And a food hall with all the classic German/Austrian cuisine.
whoateallthepies

Return to Travel