Re: Hoptech's new brewing sculpture

Tue May 15, 2012 8:58 pm

I wouldn't pay more than $500 for something like that.
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Tue May 15, 2012 9:12 pm

It does come with the kettles and everything you see, yes? I'm still not dropping 2.6k on it, but...
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Tue May 15, 2012 9:19 pm

I was looking at that stand myself until I saw the price tag. I bought all the material and will be building my own for 1/4 of that price and it will look way sturdier that that. The frame would have worked if the price were right, Ill pass lol.

Cheers!
everty2007

Tue May 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Only thing remotely close to being a value at that price point is a B3 sculpture. If I had $2,700 in expendable income for my hobby, I would put it toward a 10 gallon Tippy Dump system. I'd love a Tippy Dump system but modified to accomodate a cooler MT and HLT.
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Wed May 16, 2012 12:56 pm

I think that you could likely buy an arc welder, take a welding class, and buy the raw materials for less than what they're asking.
maxwell

Fri May 18, 2012 11:06 am

maxwell wrote:I think that you could likely buy an arc welder, take a welding class, and buy the raw materials for less than what they're asking.

I think your right. What a student project. :bnarmy:
In keg-a-tor-a-anator

Ocotoberfest, Sour Code Brown for Big Brew Day, Smoke Porter

On Deck
American Pale Ale and Dry Stout
My Dad always said "never confuse bravery with stupidity."
lunitick1976

Mon May 21, 2012 3:52 pm

I have personally seen the HopTech "Ruby" system in motion. Its a very well built and nice looking up close. The pictures don't do it justice. Being that Hoptech is my "go to" homebrew shop and i know Jade & Roberto Personally, I know that there mark up is not very much on this product. I do agree that is is MUCH cheaper to build. Being in construction myself, i have already designed a few options for myself. But there are always those who would rather have someone else do the work for them.

:bnarmy:
Mini-Best of Show, 44/50 - Gold State 2012 - Giddy Gremlin RyIIPA
SILVER! -Gold State 2011 - Bourbon Vanilla Porter
Joe'Bronco

Wed May 23, 2012 11:13 am

Joe'Bronco wrote:I have personally seen the HopTech "Ruby" system in motion. Its a very well built and nice looking up close. The pictures don't do it justice. Being that Hoptech is my "go to" homebrew shop and i know Jade & Roberto Personally, I know that there mark up is not very much on this product. I do agree that is is MUCH cheaper to build. Being in construction myself, i have already designed a few options for myself. But there are always those who would rather have someone else do the work for them.

:bnarmy:

Verry true Joe. And I think we all know that Jade and Roberto are not going to get rich on selling these stands, but I think that the manufacture is a little proud of this one.
In keg-a-tor-a-anator

Ocotoberfest, Sour Code Brown for Big Brew Day, Smoke Porter

On Deck
American Pale Ale and Dry Stout
My Dad always said "never confuse bravery with stupidity."
lunitick1976

PreviousNext

Return to Brewing Sculptures