Greetings from McKinney, tx

Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Hello all-

I started listening to the archives back around bevo's last show. I'm working my way forward listening to them all in order. I've made it to the 1 month lunch meet anniversary show.

I started brewing back in 2002 doing extract. My first two batches were horribly infected. I was doing the concentrated boil and cooling with ice and tap water! Changed to full boil on a turkey fryer and cooled the pot in a bathtub.

I switched to all grain in 2005. I make around 5 to 10 batches a year. This year in hoping to make quite a few more than that, and the wife wants to start making her own batches, too.

I currently use a 5 gallon round cooler as my mlt, and a converted keggle. I added a spigot, sight glass, and integral immersion cooler to it today.

Anyway, love tbn. What an amazingly crazy idea to start 6 years ago. Glad to see it has been such a huge success. Hope it keeps going strong for many many years to come.
tom_hampton

Re: Greetings from McKinney, tx

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:16 pm

welcome TOM! You found the right place. :jnj
larry78cj7

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Welcome aboard.
sounds lime you have a pretty good handle on things.
Ice and tap water, huh? Nice! :pop :mrgreen:
snowcapt

Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:21 am

Glad to see you found the BN! Very cool that your wife is also interested in brewing HER own beer too. Must make it hard to keep good beer around the house if she's helping to put a dent in the finished product!

Cheers!

Brewinhard :bnarmy:
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:35 am

Thanks, guys. We are in new Zealand right now. Still listening to post casts in the evening.

She wants to make a wheat or maybe a wit when we get back.
tom_hampton

Return to New Users