I like peanut butter

Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Any good batches of beer taste like peanut or peanut butter something nut and smooth
i like beer

Re: I like peanut butter

Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:53 pm

I do remember hearing about this a couple years back... someone wanted to do a dark beer (stout? porter?) with PB. As I recall, they used natural PB and decanted off the oil as it separated, as the concern was that all the oil and fat in PB would kill the head retention. I don't remember how it turned out though. Perhaps someone with better memory, or who has tried it can chime in.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:51 pm

I made a peanut butter dunkelweizen once. I figured the peanut and banana would go well together. It was interesting but not one that I've wanted to make sense. I poured off the oil from natural peanut butter over a number of weeks, if I did it again I'd buy the peanut butter.

Blue Moon makes a peanut butter blonde beer for GABF (maybe other festivals). It's surprisingly good. A couple years back me and a couple buddys all got samples of it and went around trying to blend with some fruit beers to come up with a PB&J blend, but nothing really worked out that well.
Bokonon

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:57 am

Here's a thread from someone else with a similar idea...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26149

I was thinking about this myself. I am a PB addict and eat an entire jar each week. I think a PB stout or porter would be amazing if done correctly. It's definitely something I will experiment with once I feel ready.
In the fermenter: Nada

In the cellar: Super Citra APA

On deck: Bugeaters' Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Amber
DonMoleon

Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:28 am

I read this where he found a source for some nut press cake: http://seanywonton.blogspot.com/search/label/hazelnut

Sounds like it worked great.
Fermenting: English Mild
Conditioning: Wild Pumpkin
Drinking: Funky Saison
Cody

Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:52 am

I had a PB&J porter at NHC in Oakland. I am no longer fascinated by the idea. :mrgreen:
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Try the product called PB2. It is a powdered peanut butter. There is no oil in it. Midwest home brew supply has a kit that calls for it. As a peanut butter addict myself I went out and bought some. It is not bad tasting, good on ice cream. I hope to try it in a beer soon.
Prairie_Fire

Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:26 pm

and i thought this would be a making/etc PB thread. *trails off like Bubba Gump...* then you got almond butter, pecan butter, cashew butter, apple butter, peach butter. and well, that's all the butters i can think of that are good right meow! in beer? i dunno if i want to try to make one, but i would not hesitate to taste one.
MoRdAnTlY [Mr. Wolf '91 - '12]

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, olny the frist and lsat ltteers need be at the rghit pclae. Tihs is becsuae the hamun mnid deos not raed evrey lteter by iteslf, but the wrod as a whloe.
mordantly

Next

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles