Maybe I'm complacent with The Session show being weekly...

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:43 pm

The Homebrew Chef show is great and has a lot of content, but the frequency is lacking severely. There is as much content as there is empty promises that haven't been fulfilled. Too many show ideas mentioned without following through on them. Too much spread out.

Meat the Butcher is my favorite of them all and I listen to it a lot at work. Where's the knife show spoken about in that show? Where's the follow-up show(s) spoken about in that show? Different cuts of meat on different animals. What to watch out for when making this particular cut. Focusing on exotic cuts like the diaphragm muscle of the cow.

You've caused me to search out butchering podcasts in iTunes rather than focus my attention on the BN. Yes, I know it's beer first, food second, but this is one show that seems to be bringing it weak lately. If you can't get together more than once a month, with several months in between for a period, I think it's time to get back to the drawing board and get your shit together with this show. Step it up, drop it, or get more chefs on the show.
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Re: Maybe I'm complacent with The Session show being weekly.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:39 am

Ahhhh waaaaaaaaaa its a free podcast. My guess is that things that bring in money come before a free show.
The only soldier in the BN ARMY with Ink on his legs promoting The Brewing network and BN ARMY. Prost

"The BNA is my therapist." Mickp
Henning1966

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:21 am

Adam wrote:The Homebrew Chef show is great and has a lot of content, but the frequency is lacking severely. There is as much content as there is empty promises that haven't been fulfilled. Too many show ideas mentioned without following through on them. Too much spread out.

When they started the show they said it would be a show a month, and while there have been some gaps here and there, they've doubled up other places to keep pretty close to that rate.

Adam wrote:Meat the Butcher is my favorite of them all and I listen to it a lot at work. Where's the knife show spoken about in that show? Where's the follow-up show(s) spoken about in that show? Different cuts of meat on different animals. What to watch out for when making this particular cut. Focusing on exotic cuts like the diaphragm muscle of the cow.

So you want them to have done a show on knives, a show on cuts of meat from different animals, a show on exotic meats, etc. That's probably 2 shows it they go into depth on it, which if they put them after the butcher shows, would mean skipping the Thanksgiving and Holiday dinner shows to talk strictly about meat. If you want more knife info, I recommend "An Edge in the Kitchen" by Chad Ward. It goes into way more depth about knife technique and care than would be possible on air.

Adam wrote:You've caused me to search out butchering podcasts in iTunes

I think that is a success on the part of HBC then. He sparked your interest and inspired you to delve deeply into a subject you would not have otherwise felt the need to research as much. There is a lot of information out there on aspects of cooking and food preparation that have nothing to do with beer, and places that do a good job explaining it. While I would really enjoy having a HBC show every other week, I know that's not possible, a lot of work goes into putting those shows together, and Pax keeps pretty busy.

Besides, there have still been more HBC shows than :unicornrainbow: shows in the past year....
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:36 am

spiderwrangler wrote:So you want them to have done a show on knives, a show on cuts of meat from different animals, a show on exotic meats, etc. That's probably 2 shows it they go into depth on it, which if they put them after the butcher shows, would mean skipping the Thanksgiving and Holiday dinner shows to talk strictly about meat.

They were the first to mention there was going to be a meat series covering basics, techniques, and exotic cuts and knife show. Listen to the Meat the Butcher show and you'll hear for yourself. I'm asking if those are still in the works or if they've decided to drop them.

I stick with the BN not solely for the content, but the manner in which the content is delivered. I don't think I can get that same quality of information and entertainment on another show.

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:56 am

Yeah, the point that I was trying to make is that a meat and knives series is going to be pretty specific content, and while they may get to it, I think it has been more useful to getting the show established to hit on a number of topics and how cooking relates to beer. Breadth vs depth. Hitting more topics will reach the interests of a greater number of the listeners, and while you and I would enjoy a knife, butchery and meat series, it may not appeal to all that many other people. Meanwhile there are lots of other topics that are low hanging fruit that can be addressed and broaden the appeal and subject matter of the show as a whole.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:37 am

I think Hes right! Paxton should quit doing dinners, functions, and family life and start working for free! Get on it guys! :nutters:
Another bag of brix
Joos

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Joos wrote:I think Hes right! Paxton should quit doing dinners, functions, and family life and start working for free! Get on it guys! :nutters:

Completely not what I said.

Adam

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:48 pm

I might be wasted, but every one of these replies has me giggling like a school girl. Wait, did I say that?
code
codewritinfool

Next

Return to Beer Radio