Hello from the local Bay Area...

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 pm

Hey everybody. I just found your podcast a few weeks ago and have started listening from the beginning (2005!). Think I'm on show 7 or 8, and got a loooong way to go. I also just made the connection that you guys were the ones who put on that Brew Your Own Beer TV competition. I missed most of it but did catch a few episodes. Highly entertaining and informative. Would like to watch a DVD of that sometime, if available. I have been brewing for just over a year now (the wifey got me my first 5 gl. kit for xmas 2010 cuz she was tired of buying me $15 4/pks. of beer), and have only recently started to pay more attention to the finer details of brewing. Still havent been able to afford upgrading to a 10 gl. sculpture, so I usually brew 2 or 3 different extract batches at a time in 5 gl. buckets. I've already learned so much from your show and plan on implementing that knowledge from here on out. I got a lot of reading and experimenting to do thanks to you guys. So cheers! :jnj
Drinking: Homebrewed ESB
Just Bottled: Drake's IPA clone
Fermenting: Pliny clone
Brewing next: Octoberfest
Onomar

Re: Hello from the local Bay Area...

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:13 am

Enjoy the ride Brotha!
Welcome to the Madhouse! :jnj
Keep on Brewin'
Captain Carrot

"Beer makes everything more fun!" (me)
captain carrot

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:21 am

Are the episodes no longer up on KOFY-TV's website?

Welcome to the obsession. Enjoy the shows, but don't wait until you are done to join in the chat on Sunday nights.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:53 am

Thanks guys! I am nearing the end of the 2006 episodes. Still a ways to go. I have not tuned into a live show yet but hope to do so soon. Darkside, thanks for the heads up on the shows being on Kofy's website. Looks like they're still there, though not easy to find. Gonna enjoy some homebrewed TV!
Drinking: Homebrewed ESB
Just Bottled: Drake's IPA clone
Fermenting: Pliny clone
Brewing next: Octoberfest
Onomar

Return to New Users